Friday, May 1, 2009

mommy-son date

loren is with all my girls at daddy-daughter night tonight.  it feels weird to be in the house all alone with pace!  we made the most of our night by going on a bike ride.  we took our time and stopped to watch a guy fly a model airplane.  other highlights of our trip (according to pace) included seeing two cats, lots of real airplanes, some ducks and birds, a car driving fast, wearing the special hat (helmet), and getting off the bike and standing on a pile of rocks.  it was fun to spend time with him without worrying about anybody else.  now he's in bed and i'm sort of at a loss for what to do with myself.  i know i could be productive and actually start on the scrapbooking that's been piling up for over a year (okay, let's face it--almost 2 years now--i think the last time i did anything was when i was pregnant with pace) but that seems way too daunting of a task and should certainly be left for another night.  the house is already clean (i made the kids help me do a "pick up" before they could go with loren--i love it when they want to go somewhere really badly--the house gets cleaned so much faster!).  i think at this point i'm leaning more towards bed with a good book and some cookies.  
what do you do when your husbands have the kids and you have a night to yourself?  

5 comments:

Diane said...

Ray and Ray went to a movie tonight. First I thought I'd organize my task list. Then I thought I'd plug in a movie and work on a quilt I've almost finished. Then reality hit, and I sat down and read the whole time. I must say it was very satisfying!

Ellie said...

I enjoy the quiet! I always think I should turn on a movie or some music that I like, but then I just listen to the quiet and can't bring myself to interrupt it. . . except with the click of the keyboard. I always spend more time on the computer than I know I should, but sudoku beckons and I'm always too tired to concentrate on anything else. Enjoy your book -- and send me the name of it if it's a good one. Miss you!

Marian said...

definitely bed with a book and cookies. how fun to have a little one on one time with pace.

Annette said...

Does that actually happen?! Just kidding. I grab a book or a chick flick.

becca said...

Blog!