Friday, May 22, 2009

a bunch of random pictures that have to share a post

i got this james christensen print framed for my birthday.  i am fairly positive this is how i was meant to spend my days.......i always excuse myself when i read the day away by saying that i'm just fulfilling my destiny.....

i have no idea why the text is underlined. oh, in the actual post it's not underlined.  go figure. one of the many things in the blogging world i don't get.  anyways.......
in other news, the endangered owls that we've been keeping our eyes on had babies!  they really are too cute, and i'm not even an animal lover.  sorry for all the photos of them--i was trying to get them all in one picture, but when you have one inexperienced photographer and lots of jumping owls, and then you add in the fact that i was driving while taking the photograph (on the wrong side of the road while turning a corner).........well, this is the best i could do.



this is not cute animal news.  this is what madeline found in our yard during our family kickball game.  i was not, am not, and never will be happy about it.  i almost made a new rule that we can never, ever go outside in our yard again.  i think i might have rather found an alligator.  
more pictures of the picture.  i was trying to capture the colors better.  again, there's that whole inexperienced photographer thing going on..........you'll just have to trust me that it's stunning.


7 comments:

Diane said...

I love that picture. I wanted it so badly, and Lucy gave it to me for Christmas!! It's hanging in my library, and I often just go in and gaze at it. I want that to be my reality! (although there have been times when my family claims that IS my reality...)

jenny said...

i just showed meghan the owl pix. she absolutely loves owls. so fun! thx for posting those. i love your new christensen picture. i remember when we went to your parents house when you & loren were married and saw your parents floor to ceiling bookcases loaded with books. i thought that someday i wanted those same bookcases. :) are you on goodreads? if not, you should join. it's a great place to share the books you're reading with your friends.

Marian said...

i love it! i'm so excited to hang mine in my library nook. totally gross snake. i'm sorry. i would have flipped. cute owls though.

Joanne said...

The picture looks so gorgeous! I think I'll try to copy it exactly when I get mine framed. I need a little libray nook to hang it in, though.

How fun that the owls had babies! Did we even know the mom was pregnant? The little owlets (is that what they are?) are very cute.

I would not like to have had the surprise of discovering a snake in the backyard. It kind of gives me goosebumps. And we even have a pet snake.

Little Red said...

Well, I wanted to come visit. But that snake has scared me away. Maybe I will come, and stay inside the whole time?

Mattson Family said...

What a gorgeous picture! It reminds me of my Mom, sister and I. I am so glad that you posted pictures of it. I know what I am getting my Mom for Christmas now!

I think I would consider making a no outside rule if I found that in my yard...yuck and aaaccckk!

Catherine said...

I love that print. I think I shall track it down and hang it in my house. There has been many a time I've whiled away days upon days reading books. My boys would think it was very cool to have such a snake in our backyard. So far, we have only found gopher snakes. Well, not really me. I try to stay away from the snakes. I get just close enough to determine they're not poisonous.