Sunday, April 26, 2009

family bike ride

 
i got a new bike for my birthday (loren got one, too--i am generous on my birthday, i guess).  yesterday we went on our first official family bike ride.  it was so much fun!  pace loved his seat on the bike, and the other kids did great.  gretchen moved to the next bike-size up, and was able to ride the whole way with no complaining (now that her little legs weren't having to work twice as hard as the rest of ours).  i was so excited about having a new bike that i even had several dreams about it.  i was sort of like a little kid.  last night i was trying to get loren to let me go out and ride it again for just a minute.  he said no.  it was 11:30 at night, so i guess it's good he was being responsible.  
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Emily said...

I love the line of you all riding together~it reminds me of the Sound of Music. Where you singing as a family at the same time? Start working on the "play clothes" made out of old curtains...

Diane said...

This looks so fun. It's one of the advantages of living in a mild climate. Watch out for the alligators on your way!

Kari said...

It's totally the Sound of Music. Please just make you and the kids matching clothes out of some old drapes and start singing "DO a Deer..." everywhere you go! (I had this thought before I read Emily's comment--promise!) Love the bike--great birthday idea!

Little Red said...

leave it to loren to ruin all the fun!

Ellie said...

What a fun family activity! I am not brave enough to ride with anyone on my back. I haven't fallen off a bike since I was a kid but I'm sure if I was responsible for keeping the bike upright with someone on the back I would completely forget how to ride and mortally wound my child. Aren't you glad you don't have all my issues?

Joanne said...

That looks like so much fun! Now I'm even more excited to get my bike. Except I have to teach Ollie and Rachel, still. Did you end up getting a bike trailor/chariot thing, too? Because this is making me think the bike seat would be more fun. Except then I'd have to teach Lizza how to ride, too, and it might be awhile.

I love how it was so exciting you wanted to ride it at night, even.

Laura said...

sorry to disappoint you all, but i think the curtains in my house are safe for the moment--i have a hard enough time sewing on buttons! maybe i'll try to at least get us color coordinated for our next ride.

Marian said...

that looks like so much fun, laur! i can't remember the last time i rode a bike. you all look so cute!

Poppy said...

I love it...I want a bike, too!
James seems to be doing better, his fever is gone and he is napping and sleeping better, but he is really fussy when he is not sleeping or eating.
I hope that pace feels better soon, too!