Thursday, May 28, 2009

memorial day


we went to a park by our house with our friends for memorial day.  it's a really great park--good playgrounds, etc. plus some bonus features like vines to swing on, a treehouse/fort to climb up, and a boardwalk to view wildlife.  the kids loved it all (minus the large and fearsome spiders we encountered on our walk back from the boardwalk, and some mild cases of nerves while braving the swinging vines--we need to brush up on our tarzan skills).  after the park we came home and got some swimming in before the daily thunderstorm--notice that this did not deter the children from staying outside.  
hooray for holidays!

10 comments:

Dave and Jen said...

Thanks for spending the day with us. We all a great time.

Karalee said...

I think I would be a little concerned about my Tarzan swing, too. Looks like a really fun park!

Annette said...

Cool park! I HATE spiders. That's a lot of rain.

Joanne said...

That looks like such a fun park! I love all the swinging vine pictures. I guess we'll have to come back now, so we can go there with you.

Diane said...

Florida seems like a different universe from Utah. It sounds so fun. I must say that I might rather meet one of those alligators than big spiders...

Poppy said...

That looks like such a fun park. I can't believe how grown up Gretchen looks. Everyone is just supposed to stay the same...I know I'm not getting any older!

Marian said...

how fun, laur. i love all your collage picture posts. in fact, reading all your posts makes me want to be in your family. you do such fun things! i'm sure my kids wish they were in your family too.

sara said...

Very cute pictures. Looks like you had a great weekend.
I have to know how you make those cute little boxes with your photos...do tell, please!

Annette said...

I'm really sorry about my crazy relatives! They all come from a very opinionated grandma and always speak their mind. I didn't know they were going to be so vocal about capitalization. I hope I didn't offend you. I really was just curious and wasn't trying to say it's a bad thing!! Sorry!

Ellie said...

I find it very hard to believe that you have had nothing to post about for 3 weeks. We need another dose of the Allens! No pressure. :-)