Wednesday, May 27, 2009

pace boy turns 2

i really can't believe that my baby is two!  monday was his birthday.  it was seriously the biggest treat to give him his presents--i've never seen anyone as excited as he was.  he didn't even eat his cake--he was too busy driving his new cars.  and that's saying something--the boy loves his chocolate!  the first group of pictures is from pace's "birthday walk".  at bedtime, pace suddenly got it in his little head that it was time to go on a walk.  he went and got his shoes, came and told me his plans (he was very specific:  "go walk.  shoes.  mommy, daddy.  go runnin'.  1-2-3 race.  yeah."), and said goodbye (one by one) to all his new cars.  well, i'm a total softie when it comes to my baby--plus, you know i'm a succor for well-thought out plans.  all the other kids were in bed already, so we grabbed his shoes and off we went.  it was really fun.  pace knew he was getting special privileges.  i know i'm in trouble now--he's going to think he can get away with all sorts of special requests.  
anyway, it was really a fun day!  we also did some memorial day stuff (later post).  
happy birthday, little man!

8 comments:

Annette said...

I wish I could get away with special privileges. My kids bust me all the time! Those must be some cool cars to pass up cake for.

Poppy said...

What a cutie! I can't believe that he is two already! I'm glad he had such a fun day.

Ellie said...

Look how cute he is! His face looks like Gretchen's tonight. Is that a new development or have I just never noticed that she also looks just like Loren? Glad you guys had a fun celebration.

Eliza said...

He is so cute. I love his haircut. Isn't it fun to buy boy things for a change?

Karalee said...

He passed up chocolate cake? Those must be some fabulous cars!

Joanne said...

He is so cute! I love how he planned out a little birthday walk with you. The look on his face in all the opening present pictures is priceless! He does the best expressions - you can tell he can't even contain how excited he is.

jenny said...

aww. he's adorable- looks just like his daddy! :)

Unknown said...

So cute - Happy (late) birthday to your little one.