Friday, April 17, 2009

easter egg hunt











here are some pictures of our easter egg hunt.  we have a great backyard for hiding the eggs and it was fun to see the kids take forever to find some of the more skillfully hidden ones.  pace was the funniest--he was very suspicious of the plastic eggs (he'd already loaded his basket up with trucks and cars before the hunt started and didn't want them to have to share the space with eggs) until i opened one and showed him there was chocolate in it.  then he still didn't want to put them in his basket--he just ate the stuff as he found it.  he was so sad today when he asked for an "egg" and i had to tell him they were all gone (the kids have been rationing out their goods so they could have some each day).  and yes, vegans can find good treats, too.  they are just 5 times as expensive and the normal stuff.  good thing easter only comes once a year!  

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Great idea to hide them in the trees and bushes. You guys have a great yard! Gretchen is getting so blond. Maybe I need to move to Florida so my summer blond can last all year!

Joanne said...

What a fun Easter egg hunt - your yard is perfect for that. All the pictures are so cute! I'm thinking we should have extended our stay and then we could have joined in. Can we just move in with you guys?

Little Red said...

I went to yoga last week! I think i hurt my left hand. My wrist and fingers have been stiff, swollen and just sore for the past week. Do you think it will just take time for the muscles to grow? maybe I did something wrong? My class was intense. Not just your normal yoga class. The instructor was crazy. Imagine this.....

you are standing normally, and you lift one leg up to the side while lowering your elbow to meet it. You knee and elbow meet, and then you straighten them out. Easy enough right?
Now imagine that you are in the push up position, and every time you lower your self down you rotate which leg to pull up and touch your elbow with. It ends up looking like a little army crawl. I thought I was going to die. if this makes any sense at all, you should try it, and let me know how you fare!