Friday, April 17, 2009

today's quotes

madeline to gretchen:  do you know what's really bugging me right now?  your attitude.  do you know what an attitude is?  well, it means you're being rude!

liesel:  well, eating animals is way worse than eating humans, 'cause think of everything that animals do for us!
madeline:  yeah, like cows making milk.
(there are so many ironic things about this conversation, i didn't even know where to start to set things straight)

gretchen:  mom, does Jesus live in zarahemla right now?  
me:  no, he is in heaven.
gretchen:  oh, like where Heavenly Father works.  do they sleep there?

what would i do without my children to entertain me?

7 comments:

Annette said...

Those are funny conversations! I love the animal/human one especially.

Ellie said...

That explains a lot about why Liesel thinks she's a barbarian when she eats meat. And it cracks me up that Madeline is glad cows make milk. The others are very funny, too.

becca said...

I love how you say "there are so many ironic things about this converstion, I didn't even know where to start to set things straight."

That's how I feel all the time! I'm glad I'm not the only baffled mom sometimes.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...

Haha! I can't even decide which one I like best, because they're all so cute. They're especially funny to me right now because I was just there, so now I can totally picture your kids saying them.

Marian said...

so funny. i'm down in the lobby of our hotel and i laughed out loud, which was a little embarrassing because i'm all by myself. i miss you!

Unknown said...

So funny.