Friday, April 10, 2009

spring break: part 1 (playing at the house)

get prepared for many updates on our spring break.  my sister joanne and her family drove over from texas  and spent the week with us.  we had way too much fun taking pictures (i just downloaded almost 300).  i will try not to post them all, but we'll see if i can bear to leave any out!  
the first day they came it was perfect swimming weather, so we jumped in the pool (my second time in since we've moved here--i really hold out for the hot days).  the cousins had such a good time playing with each other.  this first post is dedicated to the joys of cousins just hanging out!  the later posts will be about all the fun places we went (think lots of alligators....)
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: cousin fun

10 comments:

Poppy said...

I love cousins. My sister and her kids came out for spring break this last week as well. The kids just have so much fun. BTW-cute suit, where did you get it?

Dave and Jen said...

I was nice to you guys at the beach. It was sure a fun place and the weather was good. It looks like you have been busy like us.We have really enjoyed our time here.
Look forward toyour updates

Eliza said...

I am so utterly and completely jealous. I forgot Joanne was there. And I wouldn't be sick at your house. I need to go.

Rebekah said...

i'm with liza. (except the sick part). what fun!!

Kents said...

You and pools bring back fun memories. How cool you have one in your backyard!!!! Question about your suit: I got a Diviinne Modesty suit last year and LOVED it, but it stretched out SO fast (and I do wear swimsuits a lot in the summer), Jonathan wouldn't let me wear it in public anymore. I'm hesitant to get another one because it was a pretty penny...have you liked yours?

Laura said...

i loved the cut and it didn't stretch out, but the fabric did bleed. i decided to try a different option this year, which makes me sad....but i did find some cute very modest tankinis at target (online) that just arrived yesterday. good luck!

Marian said...

laur, seeing you in that swimsuit took me right back to last summer. it looks like you guys had a fun visit. tiny bit jealous.

Karalee said...

Looks like you had a blast. We are currently in Newport relaxing and enjoying the warm pool and spa!

Ellie said...

I already miss having you come swimming with us and the pool doesn't even open for 6 more weeks!

Joanne said...

I'm having too much fun looking at all these pictures! Even though I have all the same ones, it's way better to see them all organized in a slideshow. Some of my favorites are the ones of Gretchy and Rachel together.

Thanks so much for having us - it was a perfect vacation!