Wednesday, April 15, 2009

friday: spring break continued

joanne's family left friday morning. we spent the rest of the day basically lounging around and recovering from having so much much all week long! it was funny how good a day of doing nothing felt. the kids (and i) caught up on our neglected reading time. these are some candid pictures of the kids during the day. and yes, that is a picture of me reading a nancy drew book. hey, it was before our trip to the library and i was desperate. the photos of the canvases are to show joanne's christmas (late) present to me. she wanted to wait to paint them until she was at my house so we could talk about colors and stuff. we painted them (i did help a little bit, which was fun) on the night that the dads and the kids were at the baseball game.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: spring break: friday

10 comments:

Penny said...

Your sister painted that art for you? So cool! Your family is so talented.

Annette said...

Love the paintings! I haven't had as much time to read lately and it bums me out.

Poppy said...

There's nothing like a lazy day after lots of play. I love the paintings...that would be worth the trip to Austin for her to do one for me.

Joanne said...

Laur, you've got to stop doing all these great updates, because now instead of working on my blog, I just keep coming to read yours. I love all the reading pictures!! That makes me want to have a read-a-ton day at my house.

Also, I'm so glad you took pictures of the paintings! I thought about that after we left, and I was sad we had forgotten. Can you send me copies?

Joanne said...

(I meant read-a-THON. But I guess read-a-ton kind of works, too?)

Paula said...

What a fun spring break. More exciting than around here.

sara said...

Love the canvas painting! You have such creativity running through your blood!
miss you guys!

Karalee said...

You have had a very busy spring break! It's good to see that you had a chance to relax as well. Those can be the funnest days! And by the way, you are becoming a very good blogger! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Ellie said...

Love the paintings and it's fun to see your kids in their natural habitat. :-)

Eliza said...

I love the paintings and you will love having them. I still love the ones she did for us.