Tuesday, April 14, 2009

red reef park: spring break continued

this was probably my favorite day of all.  we went to red reef park in boca raton.  it was seriously the best beach for kids i have ever been to (sorry, california!  i still love ca's waves, but this was just too perfect for the kids).  it was shallow water for quite a ways out, and clear (nice for quick shark checks).  in addition to perfect swimming conditions, it had tide pools, crabs, fish, a reef for snorkeling around, and the water was 77 degrees.  all the kids who could swim could make it out to the reef and see the tropical fish.  joanne and i took a little turn ourselves while the dads had the kids.  i must confess that we were a little like giddy school girls because it was just so cool to see all the fish and be snorkeling around.  i have only been in clear water like that in hawaii, and i decided it makes my beach swimming much better--i have a slight phobia of not being able to see what's lurking down by my feet--i usually overcome this fear because i love the water so much, but it was really nice to be able to see what was coming my way.  (and hopefully not coming!)  
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: the beach

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

oh, i am sooooo jealous!! what a great time!

Joanne said...

I am loving your slideshows! Maybe instead of doing my own from the trip, I will just direct my blog visitors to your blog?

The whole time I'm looking at the pictures, I find myself having a big old grin on my face, because it was just so much fun. We want to come back - Daniel called me from work today and said "I miss Florida!"

(I'm still kind of bummed that we didn't get a picture of you and me in our snorkel gear!)

Karalee said...

Wish the water was that warm here in Newport!

Little Red said...

This looks like some major fun! I am so impressed that you have followed through with your picture taking resolution! Keep it up, I feel so in the loop!

Annette said...

You all look so warm! I'm jealous.

Ellie said...

Those are great pictures! It looks like you guys had so much fun. This is where I want to go when we visit you.

Eliza said...

And the jealousy goes on. This is a perfect beach.

Kari said...

So fun! It does look perfect! We'll be down you're way next year for sure--hopefully you'll still be there! Maybe we'll have to check it out!