Friday, January 30, 2009













so, i've been working on more 'house' projects.  i am actually getting a little sad that i'm almost done setting up this new house.  time to move again?  ha!  just kidding!  i will find a way to deal with the no-more-decorating-blues that does not involve moving.  anyway, here are the last couple of things i've been working on:
1.  we did our 'black and white' wall in the playroom (in virginia, these pictures were in the hall going up our stairs)--this wall may not look like much, but it took loren and me the better part of one day, and involved way too much measuring and math and changing of minds.  luckily, we are both really pleased with the results.  you can't tell what the pictures are of, but they are a collection of pictures that we have gotten in all the places we've (loren) have traveled/lived.  this is loren's brainchild--i just get the pictures framed.  
2.  the big empty room is finally getting furnished!  we still have to get couches (a work in progress) but at least this one wall is done.  loren made the mistake of telling me we had 'plenty of money in our checking account' (transferred from savings to pay off our car....), and i figured he wouldn't mind a few dollars missing.......so i went out yesterday and acquired the necessary accessories to finish this wall.  
3.  thanks to my artist sister (joanne) i had 5 fabulous original prints waiting to be framed and hung.  i've been saving this long hallway in my house for them, and i finally got them framed and finished yesterday!   i begged loren to help me hang them last night, and then i just sat there looking at them forever, in post picture-hanging bliss.  the photos do not do these prints justice--there's not a good place to stand in the hall to really see them all.  anyway, joanne gave these to all the sisters at our sisters' weekend back in october--they are prints of some art she did in high school.  go, joanne!!!!!!! (she had to really come out of her comfort zone to do this....and now i'm blogging about it for the whole world to know.....)

anway, i did not mean to ramble on for so long about my various 'things' (and should i feel guilty that i write more about my house than my children? i'll write about them next time). and, i don't know why they pictures are posted in the wrong order.  it appears i need help controlling my blog!


5 comments:

Joanne said...

I love it! Everything looks so good!!! I'm so happy we have twinner hallways now - the frames you got look so perfect for the prints. And I love your black and white picture wall, too! I think I need a wall like that. All of the different frames/pictures together look amazing. I'm sitting here with just a big smile on my face because it's so fun to see the pictures - I keep just looking and looking at them. I bet it's even better in real life - can't wait.

Marian said...

wow, laur. i love it all. i'm going to have to find some frames like that for joanne's prints to go in. the ikea frames can be used for something else - i really love how those look. your black and white wall is amazing. i can only imagine how long that must have taken.

Vicky said...

Looking great! I'm in stagnation mode...needing a change, but not ready to make it. I've promised myself that this year the kitchen is getting the paint and fabric makeover I've had planned for two years now. You can always come and help us if you're still suffering from the "no more decorating" blues! Congrats on getting it all put together. It's beautiful...as usual.

Ellie said...

Laura, I love it all! I'm so impressed that you are totally set up and decorated and everything looks beautiful! Maybe if I spent more time working on my house and less time blogging . . . :-)

Emily said...

Your house looks so great! You have such an eye for decorating. I love the pictures your sister did and the black and white pics, too. I have no doubt that took a very long time. You needed Ellie there with her math skills to speed the process along!