Saturday, January 24, 2009

too much 'wicked'?

i was cutting gretchen's hair today, and she said "oh good.  now i look just like glinda.  i'm gonna name one of my childs glinda when i'm a mom".
it has been surround-sound 'wicked' at our house lately--i can't escape it--i go to bed with the songs in my head and wake up with the songs in my head--i guess that's what happens when your children listen to the cd at least 10 times a day!
i guess i should be grateful it's not high school musical anymore?!

7 comments:

Poppy said...

I was going to say that at least it wasn't HSM...that's what I have the pleasure of listening to at this very moment!

Eliza said...

i guess i'm glad we still have most of the control of music at our house. i've never even heard the soundtrack to wicked- i'm probably missing out?

Marian said...

you are missing out, lize. i wish my kids would let me listen to wicked - they always just want "ballerina songs" (disney princess songs), raffi, or primary songs.

Joanne said...

I love the "one of my childs" comment.

I don't listen to any music anymore - I'm already the mom who says "lets just have some peace and quiet."

Paula said...

Do you wake up in the middle of the night with "popular, you're gonna be popular" going through your head like I do? My girls listen to it over and over and over too. Alyson got the piano music for Christmas so I get it on the piano too! AAHH!

Paula said...

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love wicked!!!!!!1 YEAH! I love it so much that I got Kelsey obsessed with it and now she's called Glinda and I'm Elphaba!

Amelia Greenall

Karalee said...

We are on a Wicked count down. Kelsey and I are going to see it for our birthday's in March. My sister bought us tickets and we are traveling to San Fransisco to watch it. Long story of why we are seeing it there. I think Kelsey is dreaming of it every day and she would be pleased to know that her thoughts are linked to her far away friends.