Monday, February 2, 2009

tagged: 25 things about me

i'm not really sure at all that i can think of 25 things, but here goes:
1.  i thrive on getting things done quickly
2.  i like being organized and de-cluttering
3.  i do 2 loads of laundry every day--i put the first load in as soon as i wake up
4.  i play the piano and would love to take advanced piano lessons some day--i played a really hard piece in church a couple of years ago and secretly loved it, even though it scared me to death
5.  i want to buy a bike--i haven't owned one since i got married
6.  reading is my favorite thing to do when i have a spare minute
7.  dick francis is my favorite author
8.  the ender's game series, john grisham's books, and 'these is my words' are some of my favorite books
9.  i also like youth books:  cynthia voight, the bronze bow, island of the blue dolphins, (and i almost always read all of  liesel and gwyneth's library books--including the nancy drews)
10.  i still do yoga every day--i started it 1 1/2 years ago!!!
11.  i like to change/redecorate my house
12.  if i had to get a job right now, i'd like to coach a swim team, or be one of those people who help people get their houses ready to move (a 'stager')
13.  i like flowers--love flowers, actually
14.  i am always looking for new 'healthy' recipes that my kids will like
15.  when loren was in pakistan, the kids and i had cereal or toast for dinner at least 3 times a week
16.  i do not need variety in my food--i would eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if it was up to me
17.  speaking of foods, these are some of my favorites:  mashed potatoes, fruit, mexican food of all sorts (minus the meat, cheese, etc), lasagna
18.  i have a sweet tooth that i am constantly battling
19.  i suddenly started liking mushrooms about a year ago, and now i eat them raw all the time
20.  can you tell i'm hungry?
21.  i just got called to be the primary chorister--i am excited and nervous
22.  i would have liked pace to be twins (crazy, i know, but then i could really be 'done')
23.  i like camping
24.  i looooooooooooove weekends and holidays and days off work--i love it when my kids are home from school--that's why i homeschooled in the first place--i like being scheduled, but i like it to be my own schedule
25.  hmmmmmmmmm.  i wish my hair was curlier; i wish i could afford more pedicures and massages--i do not like manicures, though;  shopping cures lots of my problems; i love purses and shoes--i've had the same purse since november and i'm not looking for a new one, and that is a record for me
26.  sorry i cheated and crammed lots of things in at the last second!
27.  consider yourself tagged!  i'll be checking your blogs.....

8 comments:

Annette said...

I enjoy learning new things about you. Your house looks beautiful by the way.

Rebekah said...

yay! you did it! that was a very fun read. it made me wish i had included by favorite books on mine. maybe i can just do a post about books.

Mattson Family said...

Thanks for sharing! The pics of your house are beautiful. I'll do the 25 things later...the kids are napping so I think I will too! :)

Eliza said...

aw heck. i always try to avoid these things but when enough of you do it i start feeling pressure. especially since brent took over last time and did it for me with...um...kind of funny answers. your 25 were great- i don't think i can even come up with that many.

Ellie said...

A sweet tooth? Seriously?? You have more willpower than anybody I know. Like 1000 times more! Fun to read!

Unknown said...

Hey Laura! I see you all are settled in your new home. I so miss you guys too. Seeing those awesome kids of yours made me get tears in my eyes, seriously, and remember I do not cry easily:)We are still making some adjustments of our own here in NC (Emori still wants to move back to VA.)but overall, really like it here. I need to get your new address so Emori can send some notes. We also just created an email for Emori, so if Liesel and Gwyneth have an acct. they can kit that way too. But nothing is better then real mail...right? Miss you Laura and so glad to see you all are doing well in FL.
Love,
Jen

Joanne said...

To copy Liza, aw heck. I've been avoiding doing it too, because I don't think I can think of 25 things. I loved reading yours, but now I feel even LESS inclined to do it, because I'm sure I won't end up sounding as neat as you do. And primary chorister??? I didn't know. You will be the best! The kids will all love you. I wish I could come be in your ward.

Tine said...

ooh, laur - primary chorister! i didn't know! that's so fun. i accidentally had to be the chorister about every other week in my last ward. when we finish talking about your house, we can start talking about chorister ideas - i have lots of fun ones.

and i loved reading your tag, too. i also wish i would have included my favorite books so that people would know i don't ONLY read cheesy romance mysteries. i guess i'll just copy bek now and do a book post. and joanne and liza, there will be no getting out of this. you too, marian. they're just too fun to read.