Thursday, October 1, 2009

pace's shoe fetish

pace is a shoe boy. he loves wearing shoes. it doesn't matter if they're his own or not. i think it's cute (of course, i'm his mom). here he is in gretchy's flip flops:these are all the shoes he owns (minus a brand new pair he just got, featured further down)
being a princess/gas station guy
liesel's sunday shoes
flipper baby
these are his new shoes (jumping illegally on a bed). he loves them. LOVES THEM. he refuses to take them off unless he's going to bed. this makes it awkward when we visit somebody who has a "no shoe rule" in their house. oh well. he shows me every day how he can run and jump and gallop and sword fight and do all other manner of cool things in these shoes.
these pictures have nothing to do with shoes. i just thought they were cute. pace got a new swim tube (he graduated from his old one to one that requires more effort on his part to float). we tried it out at the beach this week. he was a pro.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

He's so cute with all his different shoes! He and Henry would get along very well - Henry is all about shoes these days, and he spends a lot of time next to our shoe bucket, trying on all of his favorites (most of which happen to be Rachel and Lizza's fancy shoes, much to Daniel's dismay). I love the gas station attendant/princess look especially.

His new shoes are extra cute - I can see why he doesn't want to take them off. (and because Henry owes all his cute shoes to Pace, we are grateful for his good taste)

Joanne said...

Also, I forgot to say I love all his expressions in the swimming pictures as he works so hard to stay afloat - very funny/cute.

Marian said...

what a cute little man! i love all the looks.

Ellie said...

I'm glad he has those HUGE gas cans to balance out the purple princess shoes. But I have to wonder whose polished toenails he borrowed in the picture of Liesel's shoes.

Eliza said...

He's such a cutie, and so are all his shoes. I noticed the nail polish also- I'm assuming the girls got to him. He looks so much like Loren in the flipper picture.

Emily said...

Love the flippers. Those are my favorites. Aly also loves shoes and has a pair of sgueakies that she wears all over the place. I hear squeak squeak everywhere she goes. It actually doesn't get annoying and I always know where she is!

Rebekah said...

i just looked again to see the nail polish. so funny. is that a headband on his head?

Betsy said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie.

Karalee said...

Jayden was the same way, and I am happy to announce that he still has a love of shoes. I am convinced that he always will. However, he will no longer wear his sister's shoes, so some things do change!