Friday, October 30, 2009

one more triathlon

this post is mostly for my mom. she never gets tired of hearing about my fun, right?! the rest of you can read if you wish.

my friend just emailed me this as i was getting ready to post this. again, i will never figure out how to get the pictures in a reasonable order.


gotta have one picture of me with my trusty steed.
okay, here' s the original post:
i forgot to put the pictures in reverse order. someday i will actually figure out this blog thing. that's okay--the finish line is the best place anyway, right? might as well start with it......

i really enjoyed this triathlon. a couple of friends did it with me this time, which made it extra fun. i was in the "mom" division--it was an all-women triathlon, so they had different divisions. so, that was fun too.
it was the same course as the first tri i did, only the swim was 300 meters longer, because it wasn't my first one. they figure if you don't drown the first time, you can handle a longer distance the next time. i beat my original time by 3 minutes, even with the longer swim--hooray for really hard workouts! also, I DIDN'T HATE THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, that deserved to be in all caps. i'm not saying i liked it, i just didn't hate it. which means i didn't have to say a million "you will keep running"-type things to myself. it was nice not having to have a stern talking-to with myself.
anyway, here are some pictures of the big event:

us at the finish line. you're lucky you are just looking at us and not smelling us. we are pretty sweaty.
holding our medals (i got 1st in the mom group/4th in my age group/21st overall)
trying to flex?
loren likes this picture because he says it looks like i'm ready to beat someone up. i'm not. i'm just making a goofy face. i put it on here just for loren.
waiting for the award ceremony
running to the finish line
my face might look like i'm hating it, but i'm not. i'm just concentrating hard.
a blurry bike picture. it's my only one. oh well.
running to the transition area to get on the bike
getting out of the swim part
waiting for the tri to start. the water's cold. well, for florida.
waiting for it to start! now i'm wondering why i'm posting pictures of me in a swim cap for all to see. i have no pride left, obviously.

11 comments:

Sunshine said...

woohoo! You're amazing. Way to go.

beth said...

you are amazing! i can't believe you did another one! maybe some day i'll get into shape and do one of these...

Poppy said...

You go girl!

Little Red said...

Your embarrassed for a swim cap picture? did you forget your childhood? I laughed at your "tough" picture. I am so glad you posted it!

Penny said...

You are seriously like a machine girl! I love that you have friends who do this too. Better than us girls, who just looked at you with exhastion when you would tell us about your yoga stuff. It makes me happy for you! Maybe one day I will be inspired enough to try something like this myself. Keep posting so that I will be inspired one day, ok!

Diane said...

so, so, so awesome!

Ellie said...

You rock the world! How funny that they have a mom division. But it's no surprise that you would win that one!

Joanne said...

Yay, yay, yay! I've been waiting for you to do this post ever since you sent us the pictures. I loved seeing them again and reading about it!

I love the picture that Loren likes, and I love how he likes it too. (Does that make sense?) Anyway, I don't think it looks like you are going to beat someone up - to me that is just your "thinking hard about something" face, and I love it.

Also, I'm glad you posted the swim cap picture - that's one of my favorites. In fact, when you first sent it in an email, i remember specifically looking at that one and thinking how beautiful you looked in it - I love your smile in it.

Also, congratulations on "not hating" the run. That's actually a big milestone that I can never imagine.

Can you tell I love your triathlon posts? I can't help but to do really long comments on them.

Kents said...

All I can say is I wish I looked that good in black spandex biker shorts and a tight tank top. You're awesome. Right now, I'm just getting bigger and bigger...good excuse, though, right?

Marian said...

go, laura! i loved all the pictures, and you do look very tough in the one loren likes so much. and you're beautiful in a swim cap, so don't worry about it. good job!!

kira said...

You are the woman. You HAVE definitely inspired me to do something with myself.

PS Please don't beat me up with your possy. (actually I think that is my favorite picture)