Thursday, October 29, 2009

the johnsons come to visit

my mom and dad and two brothers came to visit us a couple of weeks ago. it's taken me this long to put the pictures onto the computer. laziness! i got into vacation mode while they were here and it's been a struggle to get back to real life. we had the best time while they were here! the highlights of the visit are as follows: we went to the beach twice in the 4 1/2 days they were here (see, i come by my beach-worshipping honestly-- it's obviously genetic); the menfolk and the children rented boats and went alligator searching (pace and i took a 15 minute ride to get enough of the experience for pace to talk about riding in a boat for days after, and then my mom and i and pace went home to relax/cook dinner/put pace in bed/talk/clean); my mom played the piano in sacrament meeting for the primary program (i am the chorister and we have no piano player........does anybody who plays the piano please want to move into our ward?)....................................i am going through family withdrawals now. who wants to come visit next?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Diane said...

Okay. I want to come. It just turned freezing here, and I already want some warmth. 4 layers of quilts on my bed just isn't cutting it.

Sounds like a great visit. And I would call it "life", not "laziness" that prevented sooner posting.

Annette said...

Family visits are the best. If you're like me I always tell people that we will gladly pick them up from the airport, we just might not take them back!

How old are your brothers now?

Marian said...

i do, i do!! it looks like you had so much fun. christmas in florida, anyone?

Poppy said...

I'm not family, but I'd like to come! A day at the beach sounds great...it snowed here today.

Sunshine said...

I echo all sentiments. Florida is where all Jersey ends up somehow.
I've always thought it was silly but in the last year I've been desperate to move south! The more beach time the better!!!!! Nice to have a family visit. When my bro comes, he never wants to go back to land-locked Utah:)

Joanne said...

I will gladly come move into your ward and try to remember how to play the piano! I love all the beach pictures - it looks like you guys had so much fun. It brings back good memories for me - I think about our Florida trip all the time.

Before you leave there, we need to do a sister trip at your house.

Karalee said...

Jordan is trying to fight the family genetics to love the beach. Funny thing is that we went to a Dr. appointment last month to a Dr. he had never seen before and the Doc commented that he has a hawaiian style about him. I about burst out laughing because he spent the whole summer trying to fight our weekly beach trips. Maybe when the teenage virus no longer is affecting his brain he will remember how much he likes the beach :)