Monday, September 21, 2009

some irreverent singing


warning: it is quite possible that only the grandparents of the featured children will find this video pleasing in any way.
pace's favorite song is "how firm a foundation". in this video, i captured the efforts of lead singer gretchy and air guitarist pace singing "foundation". this is approximately the 30th time they sang it for me in this one setting (in my room, while i was 'reading a book'). i finally pulled out the camera when they promised they would go sing somewhere else after i took a video of them.
the other 29 uncaptured versions were actually a lot better than this one. the silliness level went way up when i got out my camera.
mostly i just wanted to document that pace knows all the words to this song, which i think is pretty funny. he knows the words for the second verse too, but i cut the video short (you're welcome).
anyway, here it is, for your viewing pleasure, should you choose to indulge.

12 comments:

Eliza said...

Wow Laur, I am seriously impressed. Why that song? Oh yeah- are they doing it this year for the primary program? I forgot, probably because my kids don't know (and really don't sing) the primary program songs.

Rebekah said...

i love it! (mariah was not so appreciative. she just watched it with me and then said, "mom, i don't want to watch that video. it's too loud." don't be offended.)

Karalee said...

Well, I am not a grandparent, but I did enjoy this very much. Too cute and very impressive that they both know the words!

Penny said...

Does poor Pace have a choice? He has to be a talker/singer to be heard among all those cute girls.

Poppy said...

2 cute and 2 funny!

Little Red said...

wow ! I don't even know the words to that song!

Ellie said...

They are very cute. The kids in our ward haven't learned the primary program songs that well this year, but they can all sing the 13th Article of Faith and we have a similar video of Emily singing that one.

Sarah loved talking to Gretchen on the phone yesterday. You can have her call any time you need her to be occupied for an hour. :-)

Joanne said...

This is so awesome! I can't believe they know all the words. I love how they're marching around and dancing, and both of their little voices are so cute!

Pace is going to amaze everyone when he finally gets to primary in a few years.

Paula said...

Brings back memories of Julia singing the Books of the Old Testament and shoving Jamie out of the way so she could be the star of the video. Way cute! We miss you guys.

Marian said...

i love it, laur. i can't believe pace is so old. i still just picture him as a little one year old. thanks for sharing. (but you don't have to put your head down)

becca said...

I love the background information and the disclaimers that accompany the video. Hahaha.
This video is gonna make some primary chorister really proud (wait -- that's YOU, right?)

Grandma Sandy said...

this grandma loved the singing. I am so glad you do this so We don't miss out. I am always saying to dad. "come over here and look at this" This is also the second time I have commented on this, When I think I have it down (all this hi tech stuff) I guess I don't.