Tuesday, October 6, 2009

why i love being home with pace


earlier today, the whole time i was checking my email/blogs, pace gently drove cars on my back and legs. it actually felt really good and i spent more time on the computer than was strictly necessary.
i love it that pace follows me around the house as i do my thing. he carries all his toys with him and plops down wherever i am. he doesn't ever mind when i'm cleaning the house, because he just follows along behind. he also loves it when i do "sgetches" (stretches/exercises) on the exercise ball. he gets his own ball and does them all with me. he'll breathe all hard and act tired and he loves to say "ooh, i sweaty".
i love having a little buddy all day long. i'm always surprised at how much i love my 2-year-olds. i shouldn't be, since he's my 5th--i must have a short memory.
i know this is on the cheesy side, but i was just thinking how lucky i am that i get to stay home with him so that he can follow me around and drive cars on my back.
not to say that i won't also love it when he goes down for a nap in 15 minutes.

8 comments:

Annette said...

How much does he charge? My kids call them back "sumages" and they made me pay to become a member. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are free though.

Unknown said...

Thats always fun. I feels like you can get a lot done.Michael was like that too. I sure miss not having him around. These mamma boys. gotta love them.

Dave and Jen said...

Oh, Sorry its just me jen. i always forget to look to see who logged on last. i guess David is on more than I am these day. I guess you can say i'm training tooo much. Oh, I haven't called Bro Jewel. I better get on that.

Ellie said...

I love that he copies your breathing and sweatiness! He is one cute little man. We miss him -- and you!

Poppy said...

What a fun/funny little guy. Dyl keeps us in stitches around here, he is such a little clown. I love little boys!

Joanne said...

Haha! He is so awesome - I love how he does little exercises/stretches with his own ball, and talks about how sweaty he gets! Also, love how he drives cars on you - that is the best tickly feeling. He is at such a fun age.

sara said...

great to catch up with the Allen Family. Pace is so big...I mean so L-O-N-G..still a skinny little guy. I just love how much fun that age is. He is really cute and has always had the best personality!

Grandma Sandy said...

grandpa allen would always get so sad when the kids grew out of the not-so terrible twos. He has always said age two was his favorite time. whoops, not when he was two when our kids were too. He LOVES two year olds.