Friday, August 28, 2009

school

finally, some pictures of my children not in their swimsuits.




i really can't believe summer's over! gwyneth and i decided we'd like a school system that had school for 2 months, then a 2 week break, etc--but still had a 2 month break for summer. that would be the right balance of fun and play versus clean house for me.
pace and i don't know what to do with ourselves. it's really weird to just have one child home. it's the first time that's ever happened since i've had kids. it must be time to have another one. ha ha!
i have to admit that some things are good about having the kids back in school. i just finished cleaning the playroom, a room i avoided the entire summer. occasionally, i'd send the kids in there to do a "pickup", but i never went in there to clean it. "what's the point?" was definitely my attitude. so, it was nice to get in there and really clean it.
a clean playroom is nice, but i have to say i'd still rather be at the beach!!!

11 comments:

Annette said...

Gretchen cracks me up! The girls all look so cute. (Brinley was pouting/mad about me taking her picture.)

I like the 2-month, 2-week idea. Now that school's almost here I am starting to dread waking up early and having to have talks about why other kids do things that we don't. But then I think about my free time and it's all better again!

Little Red said...

I didn't realize you guys still had clothes! I thought you left them in Virgina! Everyone looks so cute!

Poppy said...

They are getting so grown up and beautiful! Gretchen reminds me of Grace...she is always "posing" for the pictures!

Diane said...

Who are those giant, grown up children? Surely not your girls. Wow. They are darling, and OLD.

Kelly said...

I love the picture! And I love Gretchen's hair! So cute! If you like the 2-month/2-week idea you guys should come up here; they go nine weeks on three weeks off all year round. You would miss out on two months in the summer though :(
Anyway, everyone looks so healthy and great! You guys really have a beautiful family!

moranews said...

What cute girls! It's hard to believe summer's over! Hope Gretchen loves Kindergarten. What are you going to do with just one little guy at home?!

Joanne said...

I love the new fall look for your blog, and you took such good back-to-school pictures. I can't believe you have 4 in school and only 1 at home! That's crazy. Rachel's not starting till next year, so I've got the same numbers as last year (2 gone, 3 at home).

I love Gretchen's hair, too.

Ellie said...

Very cute pictures! Your girls all look great. I like your new look, too. I keep thinking about changing mine, but it's just easier to keep it how it is. I guess a lot of things in my life are a little like that. :-) If you and Pace run out of things to do you can come visit us. :-)

Karalee said...

Oh my, Gretchen looks so grown up! Her hair looks cute short, but I still miss her beautiful curls. Sounds like Pace is going to get a lot of mommy time. It should be a good bonding year for the two of you!

Sunshine said...

The girls do look grown up and beautiful! Since boys grow up and only want to wear basketball shorts and t-shirts, I don't think they look grown up so fast. I'm sure you can still fit in some beach trips (in between hurricanes!) Gotta love living in the south.

sara said...

Whew...just got caught up on your blog. The girls are soo big. Gretchen sure has blond hair! They look darling and you guys sound really happy! Miss you.