Friday, August 28, 2009

discombobulated

the meaning of the word: realizing at 1:50 in the afternoon the first day of school that i have met the girls' teachers, gone to the grocery store, and to target, all with my shirt on inside-out. i guess the kids starting school shook me up more than i realized.

(gwyneth just informed me that my summer blog background was not appropriate for the start of the school year. she stood over me until i changed it. i don't know how long i'll be able to stand it, but i will try to wait awhile before changing back to a summer theme)

8 comments:

Sally said...

LOL

Mattson Family said...

ha!

Annette said...

I love the word discombobulated.

Poppy said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love the moments that you have that remind me that you are really human....it makes me feel a little better!

Joanne said...

haha! That's funny, because on the first day of school for Tristan (who is starting 3rd grade), he came down with his shirt inside out, and it reminded me of one time when I was in third grade and someone at school told me my shirt was inside out and I realized it totally was, but instead of admitting it I lied and said that it was supposed to be that way. Like it was a new kind of shirt or something.

And I think it's funny that gwyneth was the driver for the new blog background. I'm sure she'd hate living with my blog - I've never once changed the background from plain blue.

I know this comment is getting too long, but I just wanted to say, because I always forget, that I love reading all your kids quotes on the side. Gwyneth's "bliss" comment about killed me. And the hearing popping out of Gretchen's ear. I love your kids.

Marian said...

hehe. i'm sure you still looked cute.

Ellie said...

Funny! I'm sure you looked fabulous anyway.

kira said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one....I went through a whole day with my shirt backwards. (And it wasn't a shirt that you couldn't tell.) Why did no one tell me?!?! You are a step a head with inside out, that is like bringing back an 80's trend. See, you are just a trendsetter. I am like a lame sorry excuse for "crisscross". Your kids are hilarious! I love their quotes.