Wednesday, July 29, 2009

early morning bike ride/sing along

perhaps the only benefit that comes from having your husband be out of town for a week is getting to ride a bike alone through the neighborhood belting out songs to your new ipod. i thoroughly enjoyed my bike ride this morning. not that i don't like riding with loren--we actually get in some good talking time, which is always good. but, i have to say that it was very liberating to really let loose this morning. i figured if someone else was crazy enough to be out and about at 6 in the morning, they deserved to hear me singing at the top of my lungs. i love it when i'm able to do things that make me grin to myself. hey, i've got to make training for a triathlon fun, right?

9 comments:

Poppy said...

I like to do that when I'm cleaning...unfortunately, I usually get caught!

Ellie said...

I almost don't believe you. What were you singing? Do you have something to carry along to use as a microphone? The best thing to do when you get caught is to really ham it up. I'm like Poppy, but when my kids catch me I turn the mop into a microphone and it fools my kids into thinking they are laughing because I'm funny and not because I'm crazy.

R said...

Training for a triathalon? That is amazing. When is it and how far are you doing each of the things. Swim, bike, run. I am a little jealous...

Annette said...

I was rocking out on my iPod the other night while painting my kitchen. Everyone else was asleep, including Ron, and it was so much fun.

Will you come be my personal trainer? I have a feeling you'd whip my butt into shape.

Paula said...

Hey. Can you tell me what Liesel's blog is again? I also want their phone number!!!! And your address!!! I need info!!!!!


Amelia

P.S. Thanks!! hi!!!

Dave and Jen said...

your so funny. Some times you just have to let loose. Training for a tri can get a hard and sometimes alittle boring. Good for you. We are so looking forward to be with with in the day of the tri. We will be cheering you on.

Penny said...

A triathalon? Seriously? You go girl! I'll be thinking all about that why I am attempting a 5K, yet again - one day that is...

Joanne said...

I'm smiling just picturing it. . .And like everyone said, you are amazing to be training for a triathlon! I wish I could come see you do it! You need to post lots of info and pictures, etc. How are you going about training? When is it? See? We need lots more details. You can't just throw out "triathlon" and expect to be able to leave it at that.

Also. Maybe if I get an ipod it will motivate me to do some sort of exercise? Maybe?

Eliza said...

sounds fun. i will try it some time. ya know, if I ever exercise again.