Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

get ready for a lot of pictures. what can i say, i love the red, white, and blue look on my kids. i am trying to convince those in charge (loren) that we should celebrate the coordinating outfits by taking a family picture. hmmm. we'll see.
anyway, we had a great weekend. i have to say i still missed the leesburg (virginia) parade--nothing can quite compete with those dancers (and that's probably a very good thing).
we went to the beach on friday and had a great time, as usual. pace is getting braver and likes to kick his little legs to get his tube up over the waves (which, admittedly, are not real waves, but still......).
friday night we had a little party in our backyard and set off lots of fireworks. you'll notice in the pictures that some of the kids had mixed feelings about this. gretchen spent a good portion of the night inside the house with her nose pressed against the window so she could enjoy the view without the noise.
saturday night a group of us watched the fireworks from the "hill" by our house (a landfill that was converted into a park--it's the only hill in all of south florida--i'm told we are very privileged to live right by it). it was very fun. (is it bad that my favorite part was being able to get home quickly with no traffic?)

so, here are the pictures of all the festivities. happy 4th of july!




5 comments:

Ellie said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I love that Liesel's hair looks like a firework! We missed you here!

Sunshine said...

You make Florida look like paradise and having 5 kids look like perpetual parties:)

Karalee said...

I LOVE the fourth of July..... I also admit that I love the coordinating red, white and blue outfits!

Joanne said...

I love all the pictures! It's silly, but I love when there's a whole day of fun and the kids are wearing coordinating outfits, because then the picture collages just look so darn good. My favorites are the one of all five kids in the grass (I think it's in the middle at the top), and also the shots of Gretchen and Pace maybe being a little nervous about fireworks, and Madeline seeming extra brave about fireworks.

Also, that beach looks so fun! I cannot believe the water - it looks like a giant swimming pool. I couldn't believe the one of Pace just swimming away out there in his tube.

I agree with commenter #2 - you make Florida look like paradise and having five kids just seem like a big old party.

Marian said...

love the pictures. i'm so glad i got to experience the leesburg parade and those dancers before you moved!