Monday, March 9, 2009

unusual sightings at disneyworld--guess who?





so, i was getting off the whinnie the pooh ride at disneyworld, and there was a girl standing there waiting to get in my car, and i thought "wow, those sunglasses really make her look like britney spears". then i took another look, and i was like "oh my goodness. it is britney spears". so, then i didn't want to show that i knew it was her, so i just acted like nothing was unusual and walked by her. loren missed the whole thing, but luckily (?) we were still standing outside the ride talking about how crazy it was, when she got off the whinnie the pooh ride, so we got another chance to see her (yeah?). in fact, we walked with her little entourage the whole way to the small world ride. loren wanted to get on the boat before them so he could casually say "oops, we did it again", but she was more privileged than us and got to go straight to the front of the line. i still managed to sneakily snap a few pictures of her. i stopped when one of the body guards turned around and gave me a 'look'. anyway, it was kind of a funny thing to have been less than a foot away from somebody so (in)famous. liesel and gwyneth's comment on the whole thing: "too bad we don't like her, huh." (and, a disclaimer here: i have no idea how to spell whinnie the pooh or britney spears, and it's not worth the time to look it up).

8 comments:

Mattson Family said...

Wow! That's crazy. I want to know how she walked around Disneyworld in those boots!!?? Ouch!

jenny said...

funny! before i read your entire post i was thinking she looked britney spears. sad thing is i recognized her baby more. that is so random! lol!

Penny said...

Funny, but crazy. It cracks me up that your girls would say that it's too bad they didn't like her. Are they into Taylor Swift? That is the big deal here now.

Laura said...

yes, they are very much into taylor swift. much better than britney, thank goodness!

Paula said...

Not Paula-
Sell the pictures to TMZ and you will be rich!
Jim Greenall

sara said...

So funny that you saw her.... are the body guards holding ski poles? Kind of looks like it?
My kids would be freaking out! All of them. LOL

Joanne said...

How fun to see a real live celebrity! I love what the girls said about it. And yeah, I was wondering what all the security people were holding, too - are those poles to beat away all the people trying to take pictures?

I also thought her choice of shoes for the occasion was kind of funny.

Karalee said...

To:Lesil & Gwenth
From:Kelsey
I miss you so much.I'm sending something in the mail for you.I don't know if you got it yet.Probibly not because Amelia hasn't gotten hers yet.I love Talor Swift to!I don't like Britney Spears.Peace we out!$$$$$