Monday, March 9, 2009

because i'm supposed to be mopping the floor i'll do one more post

i am stalling. it takes forever to mop my floor. all the floors in my house are tile or wood except the playroom, which has carpet. anyway................
so, i thought this would be the perfect time to see if any of you want to do a 5 week challenge to lose 5 pounds with me?! i'm not saying you need to--i'm just trying to get myself motivated to do something about the way the numbers have been creeping up on my scale. maybe if i put it out there that i have this goal, i will actually do something about it? maybe? it's worth a shot at least. i should be like ellie's family and say that i'll pay you all if i don't lose the 5 pounds. but then i might go broke, so i guess i'd better not!
okay, enough rambling. off to do the floor. and my yoga. and not eat any cookies on the way.

7 comments:

Emily said...

There's no way you have 5 lbs to loose!

Penny said...

First of all, seriously Laura, you can not lose 5 lbs. I think that you are confusing it with the 5 lbs that I have to lose. Maybe you ate an extra treat or two at Disneyworld, but just keep up on that yoga - I'm sure it will find it's way off you soon!

Laura said...

okay, people who haven't seen me since november. the numbers on the scale have gone up more than 5 pounds since then, so 5 is not even too much to ask!

moranews said...

Laura! I found ya through your comment on my blog. You guys sound like you are doing great. Now we can keep in touch! Tori still asks on the way to school when we are going to pick up Gretchen...so sad!I'm linking you to mine :)

Annette said...

I blog when I'm supposed to be doing other things too (like right now when I should be folding laundry and vacuuming floors) only I eat treats while I blog, not post weight challenges! :) I should join in, but then I'd have to dust off my treadmill...

Ellie said...

I'll do it with you! I have 4 more weeks with my family anyway and I can do one extra. I wasn't really planning to stop then anyway. I was planning to relax a little for a few days but I can put that off for one more week. Count me in. :-)

Joanne said...

So, before I commit to anything, how exactly are you going to go about losing the five?