Monday, March 2, 2009

some new "cutenesses" from the kids

gwyneth: "if we were regular people, we'd have a bowl of m&m's on our coffee table."
gretchy: "mom, so, is that how you're doing your hair today? it's not so beautiful"
gwyneth: "i've decided our pool isn't really for swimming laps. it's more for moms who want to lay out on those big float things."
madeline: "my teacher doesn't care if we raise our hands. i know--i tried it out once myself."
liesel: "mom, just tell me to go to bed." me: "go to bed" liesel: "no, like say all the usual stuff." me: "okay, time for bed--get in
pj's, wash your face, brush your teeth." liesel: "thank you!"

10 comments:

Annette said...

I'm with Gwyneth on the M&M's...only I hide them in the cupboard where the kids can't find them.

Penny said...

Those are pretty funny. I love the M&M comment. And, should we assume that you are getting a pretty good tan now. Has your reading chair turned into a "floaty thing"?

Little Red said...

This is so funny, I love hearing their little comments! they always sound so grown up in their own little ways.

Ellie said...

Oh, this makes me miss you guys! You can tell Gwyneth that we are normal and we do not have a bowl of M&Ms and I am going to make spaghetti sauce today with spinach and artichokes in it. You guys are practically just like us. :-)

Poppy said...

Your girlies are so funny...I really miss you guys.

brent said...

Your kids are funny laur. Gretchy is kind of a harsh judge, don't you think? I think your hair looks fabulous all the time.

brent said...

um, that last comment was me. apparently I'm logged in as Brent.
Liza

Marian said...

laur, those were all funny, but i laughed out loud at madelines. too funny.

Joanne said...

Haha - I was laughing out loud at all of them. I love the things your kids say.

I have a "bedtime routine" thing that I always say to my kids, too, and whenever I start to say it, they say, "we know, Mom! - bathroom, brush teeth, jammies, bed!"

Also, now when we come visit, I will just expect to lounge around on a floaty thing in your pool and please get normal and have a bowl of M&Ms sitting nearby for me to munch on.

P.S. Also funny - thinking for a tiny second that Brent was calling your hair fabulous.

Karalee said...

These are great! I miss those funny girls!