Sunday, May 23, 2010

mother's day weekend

i am lucky enough to move to a different state every couple of years. which also means i'm lucky enough to meet great friends in all the different states!
this year i got to celebrate mother's day weekend by going to virginia for a girls' get-a-way at betsy's cabin. i also got to spend one night each at kari's house (she's the best hostess ever!!! even though she denies it) and ellie's house (also the best hostess, plus she taught me how to make duct tape flower hair accessories, which scored me lots of points when i came home and taught liesel and gwyneth how to make them). hooray for good friends and good times.


this is where i spent most of my time. i think my true inner-most self would sit in a chair and talk with friends and eat all day every day if she could.
this is just a sampling of the great food we had. none of it was prepared by me (i was truly lazy the entire trip, i tell you), which made it taste even better!
this is the gang. some of my best friends ever. i will love them forever. sappy, but true!
this picture is taken right before (i think?) a hilarious game of "celebrity", in which i confirmed that i chose wisely to become a stay-at-home mom and not an actress. you girls can thank me later for not including any of the pictures taken during that game in this post.
none of these feet are actually mine, but i really like feet pictures for some reason.
some people (juliette) talked some of us in to doing some yoga. what could be more perfect than doing yoga on the deck of a mountain cabin? i guess nothing.
what a great weekend! i came home ready to be a mom and a wife again. i am lucky to have such great and inspiring friends. i know, two sappy moments in one post. yikes.

11 comments:

Diane said...

I can't think of a better way to spend time - just being with my friends. What a great getaway. Now you know what it's like for me when I go with my Seattle friends.

I already can't wait until next time!

R said...

Ummm, I'm not mad, but next time you come to VA you should tell me! I'm just saying that was a super secret trip here...

Orva said...

Laura,that sounds like heaven!And I love your friends too.
Mom

Sunshine said...

what a terrific group!

Ellie said...

It WAS a great weekend. When's the next one?

Rochelle said...

I'm so jealous. Miss you guys.

Joanne said...

What a perfect weekend! I really love your sandals and jean shorts in the first picture. I think my favorite picture is the yoga one, though - I guess I really need to get back into it. I don't know if I can even touch my toes right now. How do you manage to be so fashionable and in shape while pregnant?

Penny said...

Laura - thank you for coming. It was really great to have you here - even if you did make us do yoga (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Karalee said...

Sounds like a fabulous getaway! Glad you had a chance to refresh yourself and be a little lazy for once!

becca said...

ohmygosh, that looks like the most fun ever in this world. Too bad I was so foggy with moving that I couldn't relax while I crashed in VA for a while.

What lovely friends you have. :)

Kari said...

Yes indeed, I think it was practically perfect! We will love you forever too by the way! Hopefully we will be able to do it again!