Tuesday, February 17, 2009

more house pictures--sorry











i guess once i start blogging i get on sort of a role.....and loren's at meetings all night, so why not, right?  i think (dare i say it?)  that the house might very well be almost done (the 'almost' is because i still have to hang curtains in my room).  i know i've said that before, but now i think i mean it.  we got our new couches, so the big-empty-room problem is solved.  i also acquired many new turquoise things that quickly found places in the house (i must be in a turquoise--not to be confused with 'blue' --ha ha--mood these days).  and, i finally finished the powder room, which was actually very difficult, since it's wall-papered in not my style at all, but i think i found something that works.  so, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  or not.  mostly these are for my mom, and my sisters, who don't mind me getting a little house crazy every now and then!


12 comments:

BNN said...

What an accomplishment. I have lived in my house for what 6 years and still have stuff undone.. I love it..

Ellie said...

Laura, it looks great! Your "big empty room" must really be a huge room. I didn't really get the scale of it when there was no furniture, but you have sofa, loveseat, & chair all nicely spaced out and still tons of room around them. I want to come sit in that chair for a nice long chat!

Diane said...

Laura, you have a beautiful home. How do you keep it so neat with all your children?

Marian said...

wow, laur, i love it! i came to your blog thinking, if she hasn't posted pictures of her house i'm going to have to send her an email, and there they were! i love it all. it looks so good. love the new couches. and all the turquoise. i may have to go on a turquoise spree when we move.

Annette said...

So where do you get all of your great vases and pillows?!

Mattson Family said...

Beautiful! Can you come and do mine now?! :)

Vicky said...

I'm in awe! Would love to come see it in person. How long you gonna be in Florida?! Might have to swing by in a year or two...LOL

Unknown said...

It looks great!

Laura said...

in answer to annette's question: basically everything in my house comes from 4 places: costco, tjmaxx, ross, or home goods. yes, i am a bargain-store junkie. i like the fact that stuff doesn't cost as much there, and that i can find things that are a little out of the ordinary....

Karalee said...

I love seeing pictures of your house, so keep posting those pictures!

Joanne said...

I thought I had already commented on all these recent posts, but then I remembered that I read them all while I was nursing Henry and couldn't type. Anyway, I love all the house pictures! The turquoise accents are awesome. It makes me want to re-do my whole house and do the same thing. Also, I love love all the pictures in the powder room! They even make the wallpaper look cool.

Grandma Sandy said...

the silver looks great in the powder room. After 16 years you would think I would be finished. Now I have to start all over. Hoping to do the wood floor this summer. love to all