Tuesday, February 17, 2009

valentine's day

okay, so i was going to do a cute valentine's day post after reading all of yours, but now that i'm here ready to do it, i remembered that my camera sat diligently on the counter during all the festivities and never actually got used.......
i want someone to invent a camera that knows when you want a picture taken and just takes it by itself.
anyway, we did have a good day.  the kids threw their second annual card-making/cookie-decorating party and invited all the kids in the ward their age.  we had a lot of fun.  and it was good to have their friends from church over for the first time.  i love seeing the creative side of the kids, and i think i must secretly still be a sticker/fun paper junkie (left over from my elementary school days of 'the sticker collection') because i have so much fun buying supplies for the kids' parties!  i went way overboard, but luckily the kids like doing crafts all year long, so i'm sure everything will get used up eventually!
loren got me the best present ever--a day at the spa!  i have never, ever, ever even been close to a spa before, so this will be a big treat (i will post pictures of my newly manicured/pedicured/facialed/massaged self after i go).  and the best part is that he already buys me everything i really need (and then some) so it was fun to get a real present that is absolutely impractical.  hooray for valentine's day!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

When you find that camera, let me know. We went downtown to a museum on Monday and I was all excited to take pictures of us doing something out of our house. When we got there it was totally slammed. Jeff dropped us at the museum and went to find parking. I took all the kids and he was supposed to bring the diaper bag in. After 45 minutes looking for somewhere to park he forgot the diaper bag -- with the camera. Oh well. We know we had fun even if nobody else gets to see it. Can't wait to hear about your spa day!

My word verification to publish my comment is elitypn. Ellie typing. Funny.

Joanne said...

I love how you always do fun stuff like the card/cookie decorating party with your kids. I need to be braver and just do stuff like that.

I got a day at a spa thing once from Daniel for our anniversary - it was awesome. Have you done yours yet?

Marian said...

oh, wow. a day at the spa. that sounds heavenly. someday. loren will have to pass that idea along to chad for a gift for me.