Wednesday, April 21, 2010

what da heck?


pace and i are playing a great game. i'm in the office on the computer. looking at blogs, emails, etc. pace is in the family room playing hide and seek with himself, and me. this is how we play. he hides under a cushion on the couch and calls out "where is me?". then i make a wild guess (while still sitting at the computer) as to where he might be (the pool, on the fridge, at school, to name a few). then pace says "i right here!!!" (surprise). then i say "what da heck?". if i take too long to say my part he prompts me with my lines. we've been playing for about 15 minutes. it's the best game ever. we're both happy. i think we'll play it every day.

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh so funny!!!!! I just love little ones. Alena still plays that way. Hope you're feeling well.

Diane said...

I love those games! I remember Audrey at that age hiding, then shouting out where she was so we could find her. It still makes me laugh.

Paula said...

Love that game wish I new it when the girls were little. Pace is looking so much older. Wow what a cutie.

Eliza said...

Love those arrangements with the little people!

Karalee said...

Those are the best games! A game played while you are doing exactly what you want to. Wonder how long you can get away with that one?

Marian said...

wes is probably a little too old for this version of hide and seek, but i think i'll try to teach it to alice in a few months. that's my kind of game!

Joanne said...

I love it! You're right, that is the best game ever. I love the "where is me" and "what da heck" script.

Also, I am finally going to remember to tell you: I love all the quotes on the side of your blog!! I love hearing the funny stuff your kids say, but I always forget to comment on it. The new one from Liesel is especially funny, because the "tween" girl perspective is so missing from my house. I was dying on that one and her Taylor Lautner/Book of Mormon quote. (although the Pace's name being from toothpaste was equally funny from Gretchen. I guess they're just all good.)

Dave and Jen said...

Well the the heck... Pace looks older already. It's amazing when you are not around how much older the kids look. It sure was nice to talk to you. Your such a good mommy. The game sounds fun.. We sure miss you guys. Love ya...

Ellie said...

That boy just gets cuter and cuter. I love the games that can be played while you continue whatever you are already trying to do.