Wednesday, April 14, 2010

a bunch of stuff

so i've collected enough different random pictures that i finally feel like it's worth sitting down and documenting things. i think i need to go back to posting every couple of days. it's way less strenuous.
anyway........

this is how i found liesel and pace watching a movie the other day. i'm not sure what prompted liesel to situate herself like this. at least pace looks comfy, even though he's technically not allowed to take the cushions off the couch..........


our pool is finally warm enough to swim in. well, not for me, but the kids and loren have braved it several times. i am fully waiting until it feels like bath water before i get in. we have a ways to go.
we went to tampa last weekend for liesel's dr's appointments. we decided to make a family vacation out of it, and spent the weekend doing fun things. we went to the tampa zoo, which was great. it had all these little roller coasters and rides that you could go on. we got the unlimited ride passes and the kids had a blast. it wasn't crowded at all, so they would get off a roller coaster and get right back on it. we did manage to see a few animals, too. the kids also loved playing in the water. in fact, the zoo was such a big hit that we spent all day saturday there, and then while liesel and i were at the dr's on monday, loren took the other kids back for some more fun.
on sunday, in an effort to remember that it was the sabbath (always tricky when you're stuck in a hotel), we went to honeymoon island and did some easy nature paths and stuck our feet in the gulf of mexico. a first for all of us! pace experienced some technical difficulties on the little walk--he is not a fan of sand in his shoes, and he was wearing these half-sandals-half-tennis-shoe shoes without socks. i finally made liesel give him her socks, but that still didn't work. we eventually let him go barefoot, which solved all the problems. apparently, running on rocks/sand/pine needles is better than a little sand in the shoes. we saw some great (and slimy) sea creatures.
okay, so not the most exciting post ever, but it's late, i'm tired, and i'm pregnant (almost 14 weeks). that should count for something, right?

14 comments:

elnaclark said...

Thanks for your fun posts. I feel close to your group, and realize I could pick them out of a crowd, even though we don't see you or them very often. The kids are beautiful.

R said...

Woot woot! I think it counts for a lot, and I love how you snuck that little bit of news in there...

Little Red said...

The biggest news got the least amount of attention ! We are so excited for you guys!

Poppy said...

I'm glad to get an update before I get there...but now what will we talk about?!
I hope you are still expecting me! I meant to call you tonight, but by the time I got everyone situated in bed, it was too late your time. Will call tomorrow morning...I can't wait! See ya there!

Annette said...

Congratulations!

Kents said...

Love the sneaky approach to sharing the good news. You kind of feel that way after the first two or three, huh? I am so excited for you, as I type at 3:30am feeding my 8 week old! Honestly, I don't even mind too much.

Sunshine said...

Hey hey, congrats!! Your posts sound like fun but that certainly is great news!!! If our plane stops through Florida on the way back we'll certainly stop in:)

Sally said...

Congratulations, that is exciting.

Penny said...

Laura - Ok, so I seriously can't wait to see you now. Congratulations!

Sounds like your trip was fun. I can't wait to catch up in person.

Ellie said...

Definitely you should go back to posting every few days. This once a month thing is way too hard for my kids. :-) Congratulations again on your happy news. Can't wait to see you! Do you want to stay here before or after the cabin? How long are you going to stay in town?

Karalee said...

What fun news all around! Looks like your family is enjoying Florida!

Emily said...

You're so funny the way you slide your big news in. Yes, you should post more often, but as for now I'm excited to see you in person soon and enjoy a fun girls weekend! I'm ready to laugh for 2 days straight!

Betsy said...

Congrats! Tampa looked fun and I can't believe how you just stuck your news there at the end! Tricky. Hope you are feeling good!

Kelly said...

Laura!!!! What great, wonderful news!! Congratulations!!! It sounds like things are going well and that you guys had a nice time in Tampa. I hope the drs. appointment went well too.
On a differnet note, thank you so much for your messages and prayers for Jack. It's been emotionally rough lately and we so appreciate it. I know that God hears our prayers and that has made all the difference for Jack. I am forever grateful. Thank you!
Kelly