Monday, November 30, 2009

moving, tween shopping, thanksgiving, new moon, 5k, goin' to the office, and no more air guitar


i had to put all those things in the title so i'd remember what i'm supposed to be blogging about.
1. we just found out (well, now it's been about a month) that the house we're renting is being put up for sale, so we can't renew our lease, which ends dec 31st. panic time! we finally found another house that will work for us, so we're moving on dec 15th. the first thing that's getting moved is the christmas tree. i told loren we are decorating for christmas this year. i haven't been able to decorate for the last 2 christmases, and this is not an acceptable trend. i have 2 whole boxes of brand new ornaments that must be used. so, life is busy here. it's always busy. i should say "life is busier here". here are the pros of moving (so i can remember them when i am packing up the house for the 2nd time in less than a year): we will be closer to the rest of our ward; we'll have an actual playroom upstairs; ummmmmmmmmm.......... 1 more shower for guests (come, come, come, all you people); i might get an official yoga room; ummmmmmmmmm.......oh yes, liesel and gwyneth will get to go to a middle school that doesn't have a uniform dress code (their pro, not mine). well, that's all i can think of. i'm not even going to start on my list of cons, lest i never stop.
actually, we feel like there is some sort of purpose in all this, and are waiting excitedly (anxiously/eagerly) to find out what it is!

2. i gave in to much 10-year-old begging (again. i sense a pattern) and took liesel and gwyneth shopping on saturday for some new clothes. it was a blast. we found some great deals and had a very enjoyable bonding time. i'll have to cave more often. i was even able to refrain from shopping for myself (okay, okay--i bought myself one belt. belts don't count as shopping.)

3. thanksgiving day: i love holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we went to a friend's house and had a great time. i branched out in the cooking department and made two pies. one chocolate, which was good even by non-vegan standards, and one apple pie, which didn't look pretty at all, but tasted good. didn't take pictures of either! guess i'll have to make them again! hooray!

4. new moon: went with loren and 2 other couples to see it, and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. i just want to say that i was on team jacob even before i saw his abs.

5. 5k: loren and i started off thanksgiving day by running in a 5k. i couldn't believe how many people run 5ks on thanksgiving! it was craziness! but fun. loren dropped over a minute off his best time. i barely dropped 14 seconds off of mine. that was the most i could do without throwing up. i toed that line very carefully.

(me at the finish line)

6. goin' to the office: pace informed me this morning that he was "goin' running", and then "goin' to the office". he was all set with his hat, his bag (with my cell phone and some cars in it), and his sunday shoes. no pants. his final words as i let him out the door: "i so sweaty."

7. no more air guitar: loren must have gotten tired of accompanying pace on his air guitar. he came home last week with a real live actual guitar. mid-life crisis? he says it didn't cost as much as my bike, so i really have no grounds to argue with it.........
i actually really like to see him play around on it. it brings out the rocker chic in me.
pace's excuse for not taking a nap the other day: "no, i have to practice g'tar!"

15 comments:

Diane said...

Moving!! My heart goes out to you. I hope to never, ever, move again. I don't even like moving furniture to rearrange it, and moving furniture to put down new carpet puts me over the edge.

I wish I were there to help. Good luck!

Poppy said...

So cute. That cute little guy! I'm so sorry that you have to move! I may be in the same boat in not too long...

Sunshine said...

Ah, yes, moving. Us too. Your house seemed so lovely and perfect though. Sorry you had to leave it!
So, don't worry, I'll be down to Florida as soon as 1)I have the money again! 2)Brig stops screaming in the car.
Can't wait for the pie recipe posting so don't wait too long to bake again.
And lastly, nice rendition of 'How Firm a Foundation'. Maybe y'all should petition for electric guitar on the list of approved Sacrament instruments so Pace can perform.

Emily said...

Ahh, you have a lot to do! Does the new house have a pool, too? You'll figure out why you're supposed to move (I'm still hoping to figure out why we're supposed to be in VA...hopefully the answer will come!). I love the picture on top of your blog of all the kids! Cute cute!

beth said...

when bruce and i got married i had 6 boxes and he had 5. now we're moving and we have 60 boxes packed and we're not quite done!

i'm amazed at how well in tune pace can sing "how firm a foundation" while playing the wrong chords.

Ellie said...

You should have a contest to see who can guess your race times. The winner is the person who guesses closest without going over. And the prize can be . . . hmm . . . you'll pay their entry fee for the next race, as long as they promise to come closest to your time without going under. :-)

Pace, as always, is adorable. And I can't believe you have to move again. Bummer!

Mattson Family said...

Good luck with the move, sorry it's at a lousy time. I hope things go as smoothly as possible for you!!
Thanks for sharing Pace's antics...he cracks me up. :)

Annette said...

#1: Good luck!
#4: Now when Ron takes his shirt off he says "I'm Jacob." Uh huh.
#5: And you call me crazy?!

If you have a minute (ha ha) will you email me your new address so I can send your Christmas card to the right place?

Little Red said...

Wow, you guys are busy! I can't wait to hear about the new house. Sounds like a pain, but it will be fun to decorate again! I am proud of your restraint while shopping with the girls! I would have a hard time holding back too!
p.s. wish you guys lived closer. I would do crafts with the girls all the time! Pace- i would just smoother him. He should be happy to have some distance!

Grandma Sandy said...

does this mean I can find all the posters from Loren music store days and send them to you? I don't know if there are any more left since his ebay days, but maybe???

I am glad you found a house. It seems life the stuff just accumulates when you have to move.

I love the new picture. of the kids. I need one for my house.

love to all

Joanne said...

Moving - What??? I can't believe it. I will mourn for the loss of that house. It makes me feel happy that at least I got to visit you there. Will your new one have a pool? I guess we will have to come visit you again now.

Tween shopping - luckily I am a long way out from having to take my daughters shopping. You were good to show such a restraint and only buy a belt (which, you're right - it doesn't count).

New moon - I actually thought of you when I saw it, because I knew you were always on Team Jacob and I was starting to think maybe you had a point.

Goin' to the office - I love it! So funny how he was working out first, too. And I love his little outfit. Also love his little man-purse! Where did you get that? It seemed much more boy appropriate than the little princess purses we have around here that Henry's going to have to choose from.

Guitar - wow! That's kind of fun. Pace is awesome at it already, of course. I think he's ready for a sacrament meeting performance.

(I know this is a long comment, but it seemed like even though you crammed a lot into the post, each thing probably still deserved a little comment.)

Joanne said...

Whoops - somehow I skipped Thanksgiving and the 5k. I'll be short.

1. I think you need to make those pies for us at Sisters.

2. You are a running pro now. So impressive!!

Penny said...

I can't believe that you are moving! You are a good wife, that's my opinion.

Good luck with everything.

By the way, as I was reading this I realized that you were the one who started us on this whole Twilight thing anyway. I would have never picked up a book about Vampires/Werewolves without your suggestion.

Karalee said...

I guess I won't complain about the fact that my kids got every item out of the Christmas boxes and I have Christmas in random piles covering my downstairs. Placing decorations is much easier than packing to move!!!
I so wish I could have joined you for the tween shopping trip. THat sounds like a fun girls night out!

Betsy said...

Well, now that you'll have another shower, that must be why we are all trying to come down and see you!
Funny, funny post!