Wednesday, November 11, 2009

am i really this transparent?

i just called the girls in to the living room for a 'conference'. as soon as we sat down, liesel said:
"hey, mom. i bet i know what you're going to say. 'we've all had a very fun day. liesel and gwyneth got to watch twilight and go shopping for new shoes, and madeline and gretchen got to play at a friend's house. now everybody needs to pitch in and get the house cleaned so we can have a good end to our fun day!' (picture this all being said in a high mom-voice) ........so, did i get it right?"
madeline jumped in at this point and said "you forgot the part where she says 'and since you've all had such a good day i need you to show me how thankful you are by being extra happy and getting along while we clean.'"

apparently, i need to come up with some new lines.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Wow. That made me laugh. One of these days when they do that you'll have to say, no, I was going to suggest we go for ice cream, but now that you mention it, cleaning would be better.

Poppy said...

I need to borrow those lines! It would be better than me just yelling and ranting because no one is helping! Besides, I think it just shows how consistent you are!

Penny said...

I can't believe that you let the girls watch Twilight - are they really getting big enough for that yet?? Crazy!!

Your such a nice Mom!

Annette said...

Dang, you've got them well-trained...assuming they actually did what you/they told them to!

Jenna must never learn that you've let your girls watch Twilight. I'm not ready for that yet! :)

Ellie said...

It's not transparency. It's just because you are such a good, consistent mom. Way to go!

Catherine said...

That's awesome! I love it and am going to call my boys for a conference right now.

Joanne said...

Haha! I love it! Especially how she said it in a high mom voice. And I love Madeline's "you forgot the part" add-on.

Poppy's right - it just shows how consistent you are.

I wish my kids did that - it would seem much cuter than Oliver rolling his eyes and doing a big sigh and then muttering, "I already know what you're going to say!"

Karen said...

this was one of my favorite posts :o) i don't think we realize how much our kids watch us... and how often we say the same things over and over again! you're a great mom, laura :o)

Marian said...

love it, laur.