Monday, December 14, 2009

i should be packing

but i'm not. i'm feeling a bit like gretchen's melted snowman magnet.


this is what my house looks like.
and this.
what a crazy month this has been!
what an even crazier week!
so far, i have:
gone on one sisters' weekend trip. had lots of fun (post to come at some future, more relaxed time). came home on wednesday. spent thursday packing. packed friday until a friend's baby got dropped off at my house for the weekend. spent the rest of friday morning alternating between holding a baby, feeding a baby, changing a baby, and packing. picked up the baby's older 2 siblings friday afternoon. spent saturday morning packing and loading a truck up with boxes. and holding a baby. spent saturday afternoon unloading the truck at the new house. spent saturday night making a salad and enchiladas and going to the ward christmas party with 8 children. spent sunday thankfully NOT packing, with 8 children. spent monday morning getting the baby and other children ready to go back to their house. that mission accomplished, i resumed packing. when i'd used up all the boxes at the old house, i went to the new house to unload boxes over there to bring back for more packing.

oh, i forgot to mention that this morning pace got out of the bath and went to the bathroom in my closet. number 1 AND 2. not to be graphic. i still love him, though.

pros of this week:
the new house has stairs and i'm burning lots of calories. all 8 children were delightfully well behaved, although i think the 2 older "borrowed" children might turn me in for abusing the child labor laws. loren had the house cleaned when i came home from my trip. a renewed appreciation for my calling as primary chorister--it's hard work, but it's not as hard as packing, and it's way more fun. thank goodness for sundays!

things i have to look forward to next week:
kids being out of school (good and bad?). christmas. which means ALL of my christmas shopping, too. dang. gretchen's birthday. she insists on having a party. at the new house. 2 days after we move in. it's going to be great.

new year's resolution (i'm starting early): no stressing out.

if you are still reading, thanks for letting me vent/ramble. i needed an excuse to sit down for 30 minutes. i turned the computer screen so i can't see any cardboard boxes, and it's been delightful.

13 comments:

Diane said...

I have resembled that life during my lifetime. My sympathies abound.

I wish I were there to help.

Annette said...

I can't wait to see pics of the new house.

Jenna used to wipe her #2 in her closet and all over the old carpet. Our carpet was green. #2 green. I tell her every day how lucky she is to be alive.

R said...

I'm tired just reading about your week. I'm glad it started off well. You're a saint for watching three extra kids while doing all that moving.

Poppy said...

So sorry...about the moving, babysitting and the #2...mostly about the #2. Yuck!

Rebekah said...

wow. that's all. wow.

Sunshine said...

oh, I feel your pain. Really. 'Tis exausting.

Dave and Jen said...

WoW, Your pretty amazing. I'm sorry you had to watch my girls on your busy weekend.. I hope they were help to you. Your a great friend. Well, Have to say my turn in coming after Christmas. Love ya.

Ellie said...

Hooray for a new post. You have had good excuses not to post, but I'm glad you ignored them all for a minute. Now we know how much busier you are than we even imagined. Good luck with everything! Wish we were there to have your kids come for a playdate while you pack/unpack.

Joanne said...

Wow. I can't believe all the extreme busy-ness/craziness going on at your house!! I'm glad you took a teeny tiny break to blog about it. And I can't wait to see pictures of your new house, but I guess I should be really, really patient in case that is low on the list of priorities once you get all settled.

Kents said...

We've moved the week of Christmas before. Don't want to go there again....ever...

I wish you the best and am grateful for your rantings. They make me smile.

Merry Christmas!

Karalee said...

I am not sure of too many things that could be worse than moving
at Christmastime! You are amazing! Keep up the good work!

sara said...

great new photo of your kids...I love it!
Sounds lie fun around your place...hee hee hee
Hopefully the Holidays were fun and relaxing!

Grandma Sandy said...

I read your post to dad and he said "Oh, to be young again." ditto to that