Friday, October 28, 2011

can i do this in 15 minutes?


so, i have 15 minutes before i have to race out the door to get pace at preschool. we'll see how far i get. mostly it will just be a list of everything i hope to post in-depth about at a future (soonish?) time.

1. we are now in seattle (well, really, issaquah)
2. it's raining
3. we stayed for 3 weeks in a hotel (3 different hotels, actually) before we moved in
4. it is hard to keep 6 children quiet in a hotel room for 3 weeks
5. some of the children may or may not have gotten locked out of or into adjoining hotel rooms in the middle of the night
6. we got a trampoline
7. pace promptly broke his leg jumping on the trampoline
8. we are on week 10 of having either a cast (named "blue leg") or a brace (named "iron man leg") on pace
9. wells started therapy for developmental delays and also for food-eating issues
10. wells turned one year old (we are lying to everyone and saying he's still 8 months, though)
11. we love our new ward
12. we miss our pool. we are trying to be good sports, but i'm afraid we got a bit spoiled.
13. we still like issaquah, even though it is pool-less and sun-less
14. the kids mostly like it because i finally bought them some boots they've been wanting for 2 years now
15. 7 minutes left--i will try to post some pictures
16. one more thing--i really like organizing a new house. i hate moving, but i think i'd really get jittery if i didn't get to start from scratch every 2 years. i have tried a new approach in this house--i label everything--everything has a spot and that spot is labeled and so THERE SHOULD BE NO CONFUSION AS TO WHERE THINGS SHOULD GO! right, children? liesel and gwyneth say i'm going through a post-nesting phase. whatever it's called, i'm having fun!


iron man leg
"blue leg and good leg are friends"--pace specifically requested this picture of them together
some moves with blue leg

8 comments:

Diane said...

So much for keeping Wells' age a secret.

Way to hit Seattle with a bang!

Don't worry. The best part of all that rain is that when the sun comes out, everyone, I mean everyone, drops everything and heads outside.

(and just look how green everything is)

Little Red said...

So good to hear from you in the blog world! Keep it coming!

Penny said...

I'm so happy to hear from you! We've been wondering how you are doing. Hope you get to see Sierra once in a while. When you do, give each other a hug from all your friends in Leesburg!

Ellie said...

Glad you are blogging again! I keep thinking about calling you but it's always either 6 a.m. your time or dinner time, neither of which feels like a very good time to call. One of these days I'll get the timing right and we can chat.

Kelly said...

I am so glad that you have a new update! I love reading your blog and hearing how everyone is doing. Happy to hear that you are all settled in Seattle!
I love the pictures of your kids and seeing them grow. You have a beautiful family. I think about Gretchen often because my youngest is now the same age that Anna and Gretchen and Elijah were when they would play together in Leesburg. Time flies!
I hope all is well and I can't wait to read more :)

Joanne said...

I can't believe this post has been sitting here for a while week and I didn't even know about it - I guess I had given up on you. Anyway, I loved your 15-minute list - even though I already knew most of it, it was still fun to read it. Plus, I had no idea Pace's blue leg was so cute looking and such good friends with good leg.
Also, I think I need to find out more about the labeling - I bet I would like that at our house.

kira said...

I love reading your blog. I want to be like you, your posts make me smile. PS I have a love/hate relationship with moving too. But really, I think I would get anxious after a few years as well. Maybe one day we'll actually live by each other...for at least a couple months!

D said...

Issaquah has a pool. We swam in it last summer. It's indoor and open year round. It's not the same as your own pool, of course. My parents are off of Lake Sammamish Parkway in Sammamish. We'll be up there in June for my sister's wedding(Karalee is coming too!). We are actually hoping to relocate up Seattle...or maybe to Florida- PT ST Lucie- were you anywhere near there? Any tips for surviving Florida? We are more comfortable in the NW climate(though we have been happy in both Simi and ABQ. Matt has been working for Sony Imageworks in ABQ and they just decided to close the office here. If you know anyone working in Games we'd love the connection. :) Matt's got a good resume- he's currently working on Spiderman. He is what is called a Lighter/Compositer. Hope you love Issaquah!