Wednesday, December 15, 2010

no particular title



my baby's taking a super long nap and i have a couple of surprise spare moments! i don't have anything in particular to say, but i do have some cute pictures i can post........


who needs an ipod? this is the new generation of boom boxes. i found pace walking around holding the little-people nativity stable upside down on his shoulder so he could hear it play "away in a manger" better.

liesel and gwyneth organized a family olympics competition. we did an obstacle course, swimming events, free-throw shots, sit-ups (i did 4 the first time--ha! i tried again and squeaked out 31), push-ups, hula-hooping........when it wasn't his turn pace practiced his motorcycle-riding skills.
here is liesel doing her push-ups
i love decorating the tree. it might be my favorite part of christmas. this picture of madeline captures our excitement.
a good use for extra ornaments.........
we went to the everglades a couple of weeks ago. we kept forgetting liesel was in a wheelchair and kept leaving her behind. pace took pity on her.
does it look like we have a really big family? i never think it's that big until i catch a glimpse of us all together. yikes!

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Hooray for new pictures! It looks like your life is settling down a little. I'm right there with you on the big family thing. I never think we are that big until we go somewhere and everyone stares at us and then after we get home and look at the pictures I can see why they are staring. We have a lot of kids! I love Liesel's leg decorations. Her push-ups and your sit-ups are very impressive! I wish it was warm enough here to do family Olympics with swimming in them!

Diane said...

Liesel wins for best decorations (most creative, for sure).

All these years I've been whining about not being able to do push ups because of an elbow problem (well, maybe not whining, maybe rejoicing). Now I can't do that anymore!

Rochelle said...

Yes, your family is big and only getting bigger. Wait till they are all as tall as you! I only have 4, but feel like it is a lot of kids when they are all following me into a store. Liesel is so awesome!

Megan said...

That Liesel is DE-TER-MINED. Go her.

So glad you posted again! Thanks, Wells, for your good nap!

And yes, you do have a big family! Speaks to your good character that you don't notice and I think our family of five is HUGE. Clearly speaks to my lack of character.

Joanne said...

well, I finally considered blogging today, but instead just wasted time reading everyone else's (which was much more fun). I realized that I totally missed this one of yours, and you even posted it forever ago. I love it all, of coure - Pace with the boombox nativity is awesome (and I can picture just what it sounded like, because we have that same one, and Lizza and Henry pushed the button constantly to make sure it never stopped playing). I also love the family olympics - seeing Liesel do push-ups is shaming me into thinking I should learn how. I don't think I can do one real one even. I'm the same way with our family size - it's not until I see a picture of us all together (which is rare) that I realize. And when we try to go to a restaurant and people look at us like we are a circus - then I realize, also, and remember that we weren't going to attempt restaurants anymore.

becca said...

I love the thought about not knowing you have a big family until you see everyone all lined up in a picture. Yes, you are one of those families that I would have to recount the kids to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me -- there are indeed 6 kids.
And each one is so lovely!