Thursday, November 18, 2010

just some randomness



first of all, here are two funny signs that i'm letting things slide a bit around here:

#1 gretchen (6 years old, remember) put pace in bed last night. totally by herself. no input from me. i didn't even know she was doing it. she had him go to the bathroom, she put him in his pajamas, read him a book, and hefted him into his crib (yes, i know he's 3, but why wreck a good thing by putting him in a real bed?).

#2 gwyneth and i were looking at her faith in god book to see which things she could check off. one of the requirements was "planning and preparing a meal". she laughed and said "hello, only like a million times!".

thank heavens for good children!!!!!!!!!!


luckily, she still finds time to sneak in a good book while hula-hooping

in other news: this is how pace spends a good portion of his time these days. eating cookies and waiting for wells to wake up so he can give him his pacifier.




wells got blessed. better pictures to come when i have time to get him redressed in his blessing outfit.



and we did do halloween.


8 comments:

Joanne said...

I was so excited to see a new post - I just can't stop smiling. There are so many things I love. First - I LOVE your new family picture!! I forgot to have mom take one of us when she was here. You look so great! And I'm so pleased and proud to see Wells wearing that fuzzy little outfit - remember you almost didn't take it? He is adorable.

That is too great that Gretchen put Pace to bed. I think I need to give Rachel a new job around here.

Gwyneth's comment was also great - and the reading while hula-hooping is a classic. I love your kids.

Henry has decided his calling in life is also to jam Cindy's pacifier in her mouth, whether she wants it or not. I had to make a rule.

Everyone's Halloween costumes are awesome. My very favorite is Liesel's special sword holder, though. That picture is so cute - I think she wins the prize.

Diane said...

It's like Christmas today: posts from the Johnson girls! I love your family, and I have to say my favorite picture of all is reading while hula-hooping. Had I ever been coordinated enough to hula hoop, I would have done that too.

Ellie said...

I love your new family picture and the new pictures and updates of the kids in your sidebar! Madeline, especially, looks all grown up!

Gretchen putting Pace to bed is awesome. I'm with you on leaving kids in their crib. Rachel learned to climb out this week and I'm so bummed! I just love being able to put them to bed and knowing they can't get out. So far she's only climbing out when she is done sleeping, but still.

Loved Gwyneth's comment about making dinner. Gretchen can sign off "show that you know how to care for young children." :-) I can't wait to show my kids the picture of Gwyneth hula-hooping while reading.

I can't make the Halloween pictures get big so I can't tell if Gretchen's hair is cut short or just pulled back. If it's short, I want to see more pictures!

Have I sent you this hair blog? http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/ Liesel (and all your girls) might find something fun there. Some of them are really time-consuming, which I'm not into, but some of them are relatively quick and very fun.

(FYI -- I finally updated my blog, too.)

Grandma Sandy said...

It has been too long since I have been able to love and cuddle your kids. I cried all through tell bout Liesel's surgery and on going pain.Well's is getting big and I haven't held him yet. All the kids look so old. I miss them terribly. who is coming to your house for christmas? Love you all.

Grandma Sandy said...

for being a school teacher you would think I know how to spell check

Kelly said...

I LOVE your new family picture! I've been thinking about you guys (especially Liesel) and I hope you are all doing well. I love reading your updates...so thank you for sharing.
Kelly

Rochelle said...

That picture with the hula hoop/book is classic! So your kids! I love that Pace is still in a crib. People are giving me a hard time about Carson still being in a crib and he isn't 3 until April so NO plans here of taking him out! LOVE hearing your updates...

Megan said...

That is nothing! I was waiting for you to say you fed your kids meat or refined sugar or something! :)