Friday, February 5, 2010

virginia girls in florida



a little bit of virginia came to florida last week. six of my bff's (i have ALWAYS wanted to use bff in something) came to visit me. we had a delightfully wonderful time. it was just what my january needed. i seriously have the best group of friends ever. moving every couple of years would be so much better if i could just take my friends from each place with me. i have had to do a lot of shopping this week to get over my girl-time withdrawal symptoms.

here are some highlights:

we went out to dinner and down to miami for a girls' night out.

pace loved the only child with 7 women. he called my friends "the kids" and was almost as sad as i was to see them leave
beach time!


i love cute pregnant people in great hats
it was great to catch up on my beach time
sadly, pace ate my sucker lips, so i was not able to be in this picture








pace asked me if he could give this alligator a hug
the everglades

we tried to get pace to get out of the picture. didn't happen.

ellie was the only one brave enough to get in my pool. it was freezing!!! she deserves some sort of prize for this.


thanks for a great visit, girls! i miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Poppy said...

It couldn't have been that much fun, cause I wasn't there! Can you say Jealous!!

Emily said...

So fun!!! Wish I could have made it...if only I hadn't been in Guatemala the week before (though that trip was wonderful). We miss you here!

Emily said...

Oh, I also heard all about your cute bum the other night. You should post a picture of your bum so we can all see how cute and tiny it is :)

Ellie said...

These pictures make me smile. We had so much fun! I can't wait to come again, especially now that we are in the middle of getting 30 inches of snow. Your pool was less freezing than what we have here. :-) Miss you tons!

Diane said...

Great pictures!

This looks too fun. I miss my friends in Kirkland so much - I know just how you feel. I love being by my family here, but I need my friends too!

Laura said...

emily--i'm pretty sure there will never be a picture of my cute (not) bum on this blog. thanks for asking, though!
wish you and penny could have been here!!!!!!

Penny said...

Yes Laura - Emily and I wanted to be there too! We have heard all the stories and sat and listened in envy! What I loved most was how happy everyone came back. We sat and listened to their stories at book club and everyone just giggled and smiled as they told about it. I wish we could have been there - next time for sure!

Joanne said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great group of friends. And I love how Pace got to hang out with everyone and called them "the kids". I love all the beach pictures. Sometimes I convince myself that the climate here is almost like Florida, but then I see pictures on your blog and realize that it's not quite as close as I'd like. Seeing the Everglade pictures made me miss it! That was such a fun trip.

Hilary said...

It was so great to see you!!! And now that I am buried in 32 inches of snow I am missing your beautiful weather even more.

Rochelle said...

I'm Jealous. Enough Said.

Ellie said...

With 35 inches of snow on the ground and another 10-20 forecast for tomorrow, I'm a little jealous of the girls that got to come visit you! Can I come back? School has already been canceled for the rest of the week and if I thought we could get flights I would be down there in a heartbeat!

(BTW, not mad at all about the photo, but I figure if people want to see it they can work for it a little bit. There's a link to your blog on my sidebar so it's not hard for anyone to get there.)

Betsy said...

What Penny said is so true, I came back so happy (we all did)! Thank you for such a wonderful time! I hope you are okay with the fact that you are going to have us come again (probably annually!) as long as you live there! Great to see you again!

sara said...

I so wish that I was a VA girl still so I could have gone. I may just have to bring Camilla down for a girls trip!
It is always fun to catch up with you and your cute kids on your blog!