Tuesday, January 26, 2010

drum roll, please


my pictures are all hung up. mostly. the ones that aren't hung up have a very good excuse to be lying around un-hung because they are waiting for me to paint the bathroom that they go in. the painted-in-fake-wood-paneling bathroom. i'll tackle it next week. if i write it here, i might actually do it.

so, ANYWAY, all my pictures are hung, which is why i'm finally posting pictures of my house. i know you've been waiting. well, my mom's been waiting, even if you haven't. and my mom deserves to get whatever she wants, since she's the one who flew out here and hung most of the pictures.

i'm actually liking this house a lot. who knew? minus the faux wood bathroom, of course. i've been so busy being an unpacking-hanging-decorating-rearranging-project woman, i don't know what i used to do with myself. good thing i've got that bathroom left. i actually get a lot of crazy energy when i move and get to set up a new house. which is good, because i get to do it again in 18 months. should i cry now or save it for later?

enjoy.


oh brother. my iphoto is not working right. or maybe i'm not working it right. whatever. i'm going to have to do this in collages. sigh. this might be more stressful than actually moving.



okay.
here's the backyard:
my room:
madeline and gretchy's room; the playroom; liesel and gwyneth's room; and the entry-way
living room:
"library":
newly refinished table and kitchen:
family room:
office:
oh, here's one of the kitchen that actually worked with iphoto. i should have done a before/after photo of the kitchen. you would enjoy (mocking, laughing, and cringing at) the lovely paintings of fruit on the walls. one grouping seriously looked like cinderella's pumpkin coach. a before-picture of the table would be nice, too. in fact, the table-refinishing totally deserves its very own post. instead, let's just sum it up by saying that it took about a week too long to do and an intimate acquaintance with home depot that i could have done without. it would NEVER have gotten done if my mom hadn't been here to help me. i am pleased with the final results, though. phew.
and one of the family room, too.


















17 comments:

Diane said...

Amazing. Your house is beautiful, and so much more put together than mine, which I've lived in for three and a half years now. In fact, more put together than my Kirkland house, which I lived in for about 20 years.

I do feel for you, having to move again so soon. I don't ever want to move again.

Rebekah said...

wow! i wish i could come visit.

Rebekah said...

oh, and, where are you moving in 18 months?

Poppy said...

Looks great...you are amazing. I guess moving every 2 or so years gets you really good at it! Maybe I'll get to visit in the next 18 mos.

Little Red said...

looks good! I like the new table color! I am having the hardest time figuring out what to do with my cubby shelves, but I got some good ideas from your office pics. Thanks!

Marian said...

yeah!!!!! i love your house! it's so amazing what your own stuff can do to a house, huh. i love, love, love the table. amazing.

Penny said...

Such a cute house. Wish I could come with the girls and see it in person. Know that I would have come if I could have. Have such a fun time!!!

Kelly said...

You are an amazing woman!!! You have done a beautiful job. Seriously, we have lived in our house for almost two years and there is still not much hung on the walls. Looks like we're moving again soon too. Can I hire you to come decorate our next house? Again, beautiful!!!
Kelly

Sunshine said...

wow, you're very inspiring.
any chance your mom can come when we move next or maybe when we move next into our own place:)
for a while there I thought she was reading my blog.

Dave and Jen said...

Wow... you did a great job. You need to take a little vacation out here and help me. The Gym has me pretty busy right now. My house could use some finally touches too. Miss you tons

sara said...

Wow you are amazing....18 months? that would make me mad. You do it so gracefully!
xoxo
great to catch up!

Annette said...

Your house looks lovely!

Joanne said...

Oooh, I've been waiting and waiting for this post!!! I'm so excited. It's especially fun, because I got to see all your stuff before at your old house, and I love seeing how you re-figured it all out again at the new one.

Okay. I don't even know where to start! The whole thing is gorgeous! I love the pool - it is so big and beautiful. And that view in the backyard is amazing! Your master bedroom is perfect - I love all the colors. The entry way is great too - I loved seeing the prints going up the stairs! And someday I need to copy that exact vase/flower arrangement that you have in front of the mirror - I think that looks so cool. The playroom looks fun - it must be so nice to have a real one (and with murals, too!) One of my favorite areas is the living room/library. The colors of the pillows and rug are so pretty, and that library is to die for. It would be hard not to read in there all day. I don't know how you get so much done - if I lived there I would just be going back and forth from the pool to the library. I love the kitchen, too - the table looks amazing! I love the contrast of the dark wood with all the white cabinets. The office looks cool, too - I love all the black. I love all your shelving units.

Anyway, sorry for the long comment. I guess I could have just said I loved it. Great job on everything!

kira said...

I love it!! You have a talent for sure....now I want your secret on how you keep it together and make it so clean, cook, have kids, do races, look like your 18, etc..,.you are fabulous.

Ellie said...

Love the pictures. Love your house. Love that I have been there! Thanks for the fun few days!

Eliza said...

I love it! I have been waiting for pictures. It looks absolutely beautiful, just like your other house. You can come do mine if we have to move.
Do you have a picture of the front of the house?

Karalee said...

You always do an amazing job decorating your home! Can you come back and help me figure out some of my decorating delemas? By the way, your kids rooms are all painted so cute. Do they like all the fancy paint?