Tuesday, April 5, 2011

fine, i'll post


the kids have been BEGGING me to post pictures of their new rooms. so, here goes! there are some other random pictures in here, also, and nothing's in a particular order, because that's just how it is.




i repainted madeline and gretchy's dressers. (i know the pix on the wall are not centered right--we had to change the dressers to allow for their new reading corner, and i haven't moved the pix yet--or put the handles back on mad's dresser)
here's mad at field day
gretchy at field day
pace and the bubs
painted my oak bookshelves black, with turquoise insides. i really like it, even if it's somewhat unconventional.

liesel and gwyneth made these canvases themselves. it was quite the project, and very fun.
i painted their dressers turquoise.
i made some new pillows for my bed. also painted the lamps and got new shades. can you tell we're on a turquoise kick around here?
here's a really bad picture of the reading corner (two pink chairs under a canopy) and pace illegally climbing on the beds.
painted the beds, also, and the frame of the canvas that my great grandma gave my mom, that she gave to me!

don't know why i've been such a blog slacker lately. i have lots of things to say, but i don't really have the energy to organize anything into anything readable. possibly because i've been painting everything (not really, but close) in my house, plus nursing a baby. paint, nurse, paint, nurse. that is how i spend my time this month. painting is fun, and my baby is cute, so i guess i could find worse ways to spend my time, right? plus, liesel started therapy up again, which adds some busy-ness in to my days. PLUS, i am in this crazy post-baby-getting-ready-to-move nesting/decluttering/cleaning phase, so inbetween the painting and the nursing and the therapy i'm cleaning out the little metal track thingy on my french doors (just to give you an example of what i got distracted by today). i also redid and organized the office. it's kind of like i can't face the big stress of moving unless i get everything organized here first. which seems kind of backwards---why not wait until i move, since i'm going to have to redo it all in 3 months, right? but, my brain thinks better when things are all set-you-bet, so there you have it.
let's see.....what else to say?
liesel's doing really well. she bent her leg to 102 degree yesterday in therapy (just past a right 90 degree angle) which is a HUGE deal for her/me/us. it still hurts to bend it, but it's getting better. she can walk pretty well now--not quite back to normal (still slow--she does this hop/skip/limp thing when she wants to go fast).
the kids have been spending lots of time in the pool again, which makes me happy! i can't bear the thought of leaving it in 3 months........
we went to the beach twice this week, too. just trying to soak it all in before we go.
liesel and gwyneth went to girl's camp during spring break. they had so much fun and came home singing all the camp songs and teaching them to the other kids. it totally reminded me of when i came home from camp my first time. and it does NOT seem like that was long enough ago to have children doing it.
pace spends all his time either swimming or dancing and singing. liesel and gwyneth turn on youtube videos while they're doing schoolwork (i know, i try not to care.......) and pace hangs out with them and learns all the songs and the dance moves. he is so cute when he dances, but as soon as i turn on the video camera he gets all weird. i'll keep trying. he did a full handstand the other day while he was dancing. he was so surprised at himself. he looked at me and said "mom, i got sticked upside down for a long time!"
wells is a really good baby. really, seriously good. it's a good thing i nurse him or i'd never hold him--he's just really happy playing by himself. and, he made himself even cuter by learning how to do a kissing face and noise this week.

this is him sort of doing his trick.

13 comments:

Annette said...

Can you come do some painting for me? I'm suddenly feeling very guilty about all of my unfinished projects! Love the turquoise.

Poppy said...

I love when you update! You have been a busy mommy lately and everything looks so nice. I really like the black/turquoise bookshelves. Cut baby! We need to see more of your cute kids! BTW: Where are you moving in 3 months, I forgot!

Betsy said...

Wow, you have been so busy! Everything looks great. I wish I had your creativity (and energy)! Are you coming to visit us in a few weeks??? I can't believe you are moving so soon!

Penny said...

You're the woman Laura! All this with a new baby. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Now you need to post about this moving business and give us the details.

AND, are you coming to visit us???

Eliza said...

I know I already told you this but I can't believe all you accomplish with a new baby. Everything looks fab and little Wells is awfully cute!

Diane said...

I'm excited to hear where you land in the Northwest. Call me if you want some school district/general community advice.

Dave and Jen said...

You have been one busy lady.The girls rooms are adorable. Wells is so cute. I hope to see you all soon. Your sister is helping me eat healthy again. Thanks for all your ideas. Its been so fun getting to know liza. She is so much like you.

Ellie said...

Wow! That's a lot of painting. I don't know how you fit it in between taking care of all your kids and doing home school and therapy! You always amaze me. Can't wait to see you! You're still coming, right?

Emily said...

I can't imagine why your not blogging? You're not BUSY or anything :) I want to hear more about the move and more importantly...do we get to see you in a few weeks? And meet the beast?

Joanne said...

Somehow I missed that you did an update. I loved seeing all your fabulous projects again! You really are super woman. I love your nurse,paint,nurse schedule. Mine goes nurse, sit around do nothing,nurse,read blogs, nurse. So I have a happy baby but nothing painted. Hooray for Liesel for working so hard with her leg. I love how the girls have youtube on while doing homework and Pace rocks out - his "I sticked upside down" comment was making me laugh. And Wells making his kissy/fish face is adorable - I need him to come teach Cindy. Your move is coming up fast all of a sudden - I can't wait to see you guys in July.

Megan said...

So glad to see you post and love the new looks! Your baby is adorable -- can't wait to see him.

Where are you moving? Clearly I am out of the loop so you'd best fill me in!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

organicnicole said...

Gorgeous Family!!!!! Really, tell Loren.

Kari said...

Wow! I love the turqoise streak you were on!! You are incredible for doing all that!!